3D Generalist at Unity Technologies
Unity's XR Tools Group is a diverse team of passionate XR developers and thinkers.
We are working on creating tools and samples to enable developers to make apps that run in the real world. The XR Content Team is our internal production house that validates and pushes our tools to their limit. We inspire and enable the possibilities of spatial computing. As part of the team, you will work to produce art assets needed for demos, prototypes, tools, and partnerships.
You go beyond adaptable - you thrive on the bleeding edge. Each project we take on is unique. You know when to utilize your wide skill set and when to draw upon the expertise of your colleagues. You harness creativity to achieve professional goals. Curiosity drives you, learning is a reward.
The XR Tools Group is a diverse team of passionate XR developers and thinkers. We care deeply about helping developers be able to make apps that can truly run in the real world. In joining the team, you’ll be helping to move the entire industry forward towards real ubiquitous spatial computing.
This role may involve some amount of travel to other offices, though we are happy to work with your schedule and responsibilities.
- Build out 3D assets and textures for game and app demos, partner projects, and our own tools for AR and VR headsets
- Prototype and animate interactive elements and gameplay
- Polish and improve existing assets from partners
- Work with the MARS Content Team to make shining examples of amazing XR content
- Well versed in current 3D and 2D DCC tools
- Asset creation, hard surface and organic in a variety of styles
- Material creation, shader and graph based
- 3D animation and rigging
- A comfortable familiarity with Unity for level design, environment art, and VFX
- Experience with procedural art creation in Unity or tools like Houdini and Substance Designer
- Mixed reality development for Hololens or Magic Leap is a significant bonus
- Passion for, and enjoyment of, spatial computing. The entire team is united in our shared interest for the future of human-computer interaction and how XR can help
- Speaking experience is useful as we often give talks across Labs, both internally and externally
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.