Behavior Change Coach, Primary Care at 98point6
Our mission is to deliver high-quality primary care that is accessible, convenient and affordable for all. Every single day you’ll be working on challenging problems with an exceptional team to profoundly transform primary care and improve people’s quality of life.
Your role and impact
We are looking for a Behavior Change Coach to elevate patient experience and help improve clinical outcomes within our virtual primary care clinic. In partnership with our physicians and licensed therapists, you will provide virtual coaching to patients that promotes healthy stress management, optimal sleep and supports personal and professional development. You will partner with an interdisciplinary team to build best practices for coaching delivery, contribute to digital content development and provide referrals for higher acuity care when indicated. This position is located in Seattle.
- Provide health promotion and behavior change coaching to treat patients in partnership with 98point6 board-certified physicians and licensed therapists
- Interface with physician workflow and an integrated practice management system
- Use motivational interviewing and other behavior change modalities to assist patients in making behavioral and lifestyle changes
- Gauge patient understanding and value of Care Plans from physicians; help them navigate implementation and adherence strategies
- Facilitate screenings to identify patients who would benefit from a higher level of mental health care
- Document and measure patient progress and coaching outcomes
- Work with the care team to identify and help link patients to additional resources, as needed and appropriate; provide referrals for such patients
- Work with cross-functional teams to help improve program content, product development and delivery
- 3+ years providing behavior change coaching
- Completion of a nationally recognized coach training program approved by the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching
- Experience in a fast-paced and/or dynamic start-up environment highly preferred
- Experience with coaching in a primary care setting highly preferred
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills
- Comfortable working with technology and virtual care
Strongly preferred but not required
- Hold a national coach certification in one or more of the following:
- Board Certified by the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching
- Credentialed by the International Coach Federation
- Board-Certified Nurse Coach by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation
98point6 provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status.