Content Designer at Expedia Group
With a need in today’s world for continuous and life-long learning, we’re on a mission to innovate for learning design. Learning content should be as powerful as consumer grade content so we’re looking for a curious, ambitious and creative learning content strategist who can drive a team to build both useful and compelling content.
This role will drive the production of content aimed at internal Expedia Group teams. You’ll have experience working with complex business briefs, thinking laterally to solve problems and map current and future states of skills and techniques, whilst logically structuring and simplifying to build programs that are original, impactful and measurable. You will have the vision to transform problems, and sometimes confused objectives, into informative and digestible content through engaging story forms helping employees acquire knowledge and skills. A meaningful part of your role will be to find the best ways to relate ideas, concepts, facts and information into content: making it easy to understand and internalize. Working well with your colleagues, seeking, appreciating and giving constructive feedback are among the qualities that we value.About the LPS Learning Team:
Working within Lodging Partner Services (LPS) – the supply and hotel arm of Expedia Groups, the learning team you’ll join supports all learning for this 5000+ global group of employees.
In LPS Learning we have a mix of video, writers, editors, graphic and instructional designers, so there’s creative freedom to develop highly impactful content. Our work involves building learning that’s compelling and useful and resonates with our millennial audience. We develop content across multiple media tools and have a platform that our audiences are highly engaged with. There is an inspiring culture with the same level of team and management support to make sure the work produced is extraordinary.
You’ll work as part of the our learning team and be a key part of the change management process; working strategy and consultation, to the design of content built for the audience of 600+ people globally. You’ll drive the end to end design of learning content for small- and large-scale change management initiatives that require full programs that follow the journey of an employee from onboarding to career progression. You will need to be able to think strategically and righty into the detail and be open to getting involved with design to support your team’s development.What You Will Do:
- Interpret content strategy into solutions
- Ability to plan and drive briefs forward through multiple designers
- Continuously drive innovation in ways of working and content design, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in learning
- Strong lateral and creative skills to solve cross functional business challenges.
- Lead a team of instructional designers, working across multiple learning programs
- Collaborate jointly and thoughtfully on content design approach with Media Manager peer
- Designs in collaboration and balances this with a bias to action.
- You have 2-3 years’ experience developing a team of designers as well as 2-3 years in a design role, preferably sales curriculum design
- You have experience in planning large scale production across a global roadmap and content strategy
- You are a strategic thinker and drive large scale programs across multiple channels of work, demonstrating creativity and innovation throughout
- Able to articulate core purpose of content, presenting all programs clearly to all levels, with the ability to handle both executive leadership and operational teams, adapting style to different audiences as needed.
- Ability to drive design thinking to help designers effectively simplify, deducing complex ideas into simple, easy to understand content
- Collaborate at a Manager level with peers across our division
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
We’re looking for an inspiring content leader who has run large scale, innovative programs of content from conception to measurement, so please submit examples of work you led and your role within it, that you are most proud of via your website or by sharing attachments in your application.Why Join Us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach.
We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-EB1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.