Content Designer at Expedia Group
With a trend for continuous and life long learning, we’re on a mission to innovate for learning design. Learning content should be as powerful as consumer grade content so we’re looking for a curious, energetic, creative and innovative content designer to produce innovative, compelling content aimed at internal Expedia Group teams. You’ll have experience working with complex business briefs and logically structuring and simplifying to create original, impactful and measurable content that helps people learn.
We’re looking for a powerful storyteller to join the Lodging Partner Services (LPS) Learning team. You’ll work on the end to end design of learning content for small- and large-scale change management initiatives that require full programs that follow the journey of an employee from onboarding to career progression.
You will have the vision to transform problems, and sometimes confused objectives, into informative and digestible content through engaging story forms helping employees acquire knowledge and skills.
An important part of your role will be to find the best ways to relate ideas, concepts, facts and information into content: making it easy to understand and internalize. Working well with your colleagues, seeking, appreciating and giving constructive feedback are among the qualities that we value.
Working within Lodging Partner Services (LPS) – the supply and hotel arm of Expedia Groups, the learning team you’ll join a team that supports all learning for this 5000+ global group of employees.
In LPS Learning we have a mix of video, writers, editors, graphic and instructional designers, so there’s creative freedom to develop highly impactful content. Our work involves creating learning that’s compelling and useful and resonates with our millennial audience. We develop content across a mix of media and have a platform that our audiences are highly engaged with. There is a high-performance culture with the same level of team and management support to make sure the work produced is exceptional.
You’ll work as part of the LPS Learning team and be a key part of the change management process; working from consultation, to the design of content built for the LPS Management audience of 600+ people globally. Your focus will be on building out full Management and leadership content for primarily first line managers that supports them from day one through to career development.
What You’ll Do:
- Ability to interpret and build briefs, initiating projects to build effective content packages.
- Innovates through idea conception to connect content solutions to business needs.
- Has mechanisms for understanding an audience, stays close to their needs and is able to stay current on what they think and feel.
- For online content: Support your media designer peers by collaborating on the learning journey, considering content for use in video, graphics, audio, copy, activities and quizzes to feed into the online learning
- For facilitator-led content: Design relevant and achievable objectives, visually appealing materials and clear guidance for the facilitators to present high quality learning content that works globally
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible in learning, always looking for innovative ways to help continuous learning
- Designs in collaboration and balances this with a bias to action.
Who You Are:
- Proven experience building powerful content and considering the user experience of it.
- Presents ideas clearly, with excellent communication skills with the ability to handle both executive leadership and operational teams, adapting style to different audiences as needed.
- Collaborate across multiple channels from inside and outside LPS Learning.
- A 50/50 mix of strong organization and creative skills.
- Ability to develop content that’s compelling and useful for our audience.
- Presents ideas clearly, with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively simplify content, deducing complex ideas into simple, easy to understand content.
- Analyze source content converting it into powerful digestible learning content.
- Translate designs into strong visual materials.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
Experience and Qualification:
- Experience in building highly effective content – learning or otherwise
- Experience in considering global needs.
- Experience in planning the production of multiple work streams and multiple content types.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize based on the needs of the business.
- Experience using Mac and Microsoft Office.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Relocation (Y/N): N
*LI-BSTEWARDExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.