Content Manager - Photo Research (Contract) at Ripl, Inc.
Ripl (www.Ripl.com) is passionate about helping small businesses grow by enabling them to leverage the magic of digital media marketing. We are seeking to hire a Content Manager - Photo Research to join the team in order to fulfill this mission.
As Ripl’s Content Manager (Contract), you are in the know about what’s trending in social media marketing to bring cutting edge design to our customers. You will provide creative leadership in the selection of compelling photography for Ripl’s Content that is used by millions of small business owners around the world in our mobile and web apps. We’re looking for a Content Manager with strong visual instincts who can use their eye for photography to help expand the breadth of our content catalog. This role will report to Ripl’s Content Producer.
A typical day might include:
- Source, curate, and edit images and video content for Ripl’s Content Production
- Work with Content Producer to ensure Ripl has a rich source of visual imagery for our areas of focus
- Assemble lightboxes for the content production team and marketing designers from lists provided by Content Producer
- Collaborate with Content Producer and Creative Director to ensure all images and video meets the high-quality creative that supports the goals of the company
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all visual assets available, and how they can best serve our audience
- Navigate a fast-paced agile environment, balancing independent self-direction with frequent collaboration and open communication
- Embrace a culture of feedback by giving and soliciting feedback from other team members to continually raise the bar on quality
- Brainstorm with team members to come up with new ideas to make our content better
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates degree in photography, visual arts, digital media or related field preferred
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Intermediate Photoshop skils
- Strong creative eye for selecting compelling visual assets and editing
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- An online portfolio that demonstrates experience and results in content marketing
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working with a content management system and project management software
- Photography, lighting, and/or video production background with experience editing stills for marketing & social media use
- Knowledge of how best to use social channels and content marketing best practices
- Experience in startups, with subscription software (SaaS), and/or with small business
- Skills with industry-standard design tools and software like Adobe Creative Cloud and InVision
About Our Team
At Ripl, we take pride in fostering a culture that is collaborative, built on mutual trust, accountability, and grit. If you believe in helping small businesses thrive and want to be a part of a nimble and growing team we want to hear from you!
We’re a Pacific Northwest-based tech startup and the marketing secret weapon for small businesses. While our customers are hard at work growing their business, we’re busy designing intuitive solutions that help them build their brand on social media.