Content Specialist at PayScale
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
What We Do: The PayScale Client Education team is part of the Client Success org. We are here to ensure that our clients are trained on the products relevant to their subscription and enabled to achieve their compensation goals with our solutions throughout their PayScale experience!
What You Do: As a Content Specialist, you will create, edit, and update technical product training materials for our clients to utilize throughout their time with PayScale. You will work closely with our Sr. Technical Writer, Product Trainers and multiple cross-function teams to plan and prioritize this work.
Day-in-the-Life: a typical day in the life of a PayScale Content Specialist may include the following…
- Meet with the Sr. Technical Writer in order to prioritize pending tasks, working within Jira to organize content backlog and plan work
- Connect with the Product Trainers to leverage their subject matter expertise to design the relevant content
- Reference established best practices and style guides to ensure all content adheres to PayScale standards
- Analyze the performance of produced content using tools and metrics at your disposal, reporting back to key stakeholders
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: By month three you'll be up and running and comfortable editing and publishing pieces of training content. You will ramp quickly with a focus on understanding the PayScale brand and our Clients as the most crucial part of getting you off to the races.
- Month 6: By month 6 you will be the go-to for understanding what training materials already exists and what is in the pipeline to be created. For the small set of questions that you don't know how to answer you will know exactly who to talk to in order to find the answer. You will quickly be able to look at a piece of content and understand where it is at and what next steps are needed next.
- Month 12: By month 12 you will be a subject matter expert on all PayScale products. You will have a deep understand on how our Clients engage with training materials and will be able to suggest edits to make existing piece of content even better. You will occasionally be the lead on small projects that will help our team and our company become even better at supporting our clients.
- 1-3+ years experience in SaaS, software, or technology support preferred
- Experience with editing of video and written Client facing training content not required, but strongly preferred
- Experience working within brand guidelines for content
- Experience with a knowledge base strongly preferred
- Learning & Development: A natural tendency to 'take things apart to see how they work'
- Problem Solving: Task oriented problem solver who enjoys crafting solutions
- Communication: Ability to communicate complex concepts into a clear story
- Time Management: A sense of urgency and a willingness to challenge assumptions and go beyond what's expected
- Jira - we use to prioritize tasks and understand backlog
- Camtasia - we use for video editing purposes
- Salesforce CRM - all client interaction documented here, client information housed here.
- Zoom - for video meetings, screen sharing, etc.
Meet Your Manager: Lauren Cole is the Manager of Client Enablement at PayScale and her favorite thing about PayScale is that she has been given the opportunity to continue growing and learning new skills all while having fun! She has had a variety of individual contributor and management roles within the Services Org since she joined PayScale in 2015.
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.