Content Specialist at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
The Content Specialist will have a direct impact on the success of both the Creative Services and Conversion teams at Trupanion. This fast-paced team is dedicated to helping pet owners through educational and innovative content, as well as driving both immediate and long-term results.
You will report directly to the Content Manager and work closely with the Creative Services Director. You will utilize strong writing skills to communicate to different audiences, with the ultimate goal of helping pets owners enroll with Trupanion.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Update existing conversion-driving content across web, email, print and more
- Brainstorm and drive new content across multiple channels
- Act as ad-hoc copywriter and editor across teams, with the flexibility to understand different goals of each piece and adjust writing accordingly
- Drive innovation with new ways of looking at content and digging into weak parts of current content flow
- Use data to make decisions. Identify the goal of projects and interpret existing data to help adjust copy on a page.
***Please include a cover letter and a portfolio with your application***
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing, communications or writing experience
- Exceptional and actionable copywriting skills – your content makes people complete desired actions
- Understand basics of conversion funnel and marketing tactics
- Have an eye for how to present visual material, including layouts and data visualization
- Detail oriented yet flexible – you should live and breathe our brand voice, but know how to emphasize different tones for different audiences
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, results-oriented team
- Strong curiosity about pet health, medical insurance, and pet owners as consumers
- Experience writing for SEO preferred
- Experience using collaboration and ticketing tools such as JIRA, Wrike, and Microsoft Teams highly preferred
- Excited about a collaborative, fun, and impactful work environment
- Must. Love. Pets.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.