Content Strategist I at Expedia Group
Are you a versatile content strategist who gets excited about solving challenging customer service problems at enterprise scale? Do you want to use your skills to help travelers and agents get quick, useful answers to their questions? Do you thrive when handling ambiguity and change? Then let's talk about this opportunity to join the Global Customer Operations Content Strategy Team at Expedia Group!
We're redefining our customer service experiences with state-of-the art artificial intelligence and machine learning in mind. We put the customer first and use data to drive our decisions. As part of our team, you'll partner across disciplines (UX Designers, Product Managers, Engineering, and others) to co-create simple, intuitive, useful, and cohesive product experiences and narratives that are context-aware, human, and delightful. You'll define content (for chat bots, knowledge base, email, and more) for end-to-end customer service journeys and different audiences, that helps users get the right help information at the right time. You'll solve for the presentation of product content in the experience, as well as the structure that delivers that product content.
You’re aligned to this role if:
• You’re a blend of storyteller, UX writer, and content designer
• You understand best practices to prepare content audits, inventories, and competitor and gap analysis
• You understand how to use customer, business, and competitor insights to back up your recommendations
• You live and breathe everything content strategy and love technology
• You're immersed in UX and UX process: you aren’t looking for an editorial content creation, social media strategy, or content marketing role
• You're nimble: you pivot quickly when priorities shift, or requirements change
• You're a strong communicator and understand the role content plays in design
• You advocate for solutions that balance the needs of customers with business objectives
• You have an eye for details and know the difference between good and bad content
• You're biased to action, able to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
• You're an excellent project manager: you stay on top of your deliverables and get things done
Specific things you’ll be doing:
• Work reciprocally with fellow content strategists
• May attend meetings with designers, engineers, product managers, and many others to learn about the creation of content-focused experiences
• Write clear and consistent product content — everything from customer service flows to traveler- and agent-facing help topics, error messages, and notifications
• Work within established style guides
• Lean on industry standards and trusted methodologies
• Solves problems with specific content solutions in mind
We know there's no single path to becoming a content strategist. So, we look for:
• More than 3 years professional experience with content strategy for large enterprise web sites or applications, especially consumer-facing interfaces
• Understanding of the development, sourcing, and governance of both structured and unstructured content types
• Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies
• Experience writing and revising content for the user interface
• Experience working in Content Management Systems
• Experience with the UX lexicon and working in the UX design process
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field — English, Communications, Linguistics, HCI, Design
• Customer service and SEO experience are a plus.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.