Content Strategist II at Expedia Group
Want to be a part of the future of customer engagement at Expedia Group? Then let's talk about this opportunity to join the Conversation Platform and Customer Engagement Content Strategy Team!
We're redefining our customer service experiences with state-of-the-art artificial intelligence and natural language processing tools. As part of our team, you'll partner across subject areas (UX Designers, Product Managers, Engineering, and others) to co-create simple, intuitive, useful, and cohesive product experiences and narratives that are context-aware, human, and delightful. You'll define content (for chat bots, knowledge base, email, and more) for end-to-end customer service journeys and diverse groups that help users get the right help information at the right time. You'll solve for the presentation of product content in the experience, as well as the structure that delivers that product content. This role is a blend of Storyteller, UX Writer, and Content Designer identifying user needs and finding the right content to meet those needs.
Who you are:
- More than 2-3 years professional experience with content strategy for large enterprise web sites or applications, especially consumer-facing interfaces.
- Understand the development, sourcing, and governance of both structured and unstructured content types.
- Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies.
- Experience writing and revising content for the user interface.
- Experience with localization and writing for a global user.
- Experience with the UX lexicon and working in the UX design process.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field — English, Communications, Linguistics, HCI, Design.
What you'll do:
- Work reciprocally with fellow content strategists as well as Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and many others to conceptualize content-focused experiences and bring your work to life.
- Assess competitor content and user experiences for content coverage, quality, gaps, and emerging industry and content trends.
- Identify content needs and gaps across multiple stages of the user journey and build content to address those gaps.
- Write clear and compelling product content — everything from customer service flows to traveler— and agent-facing help topics, error messages, and notifications.
- Communicate findings, recommendations, and content specifications through user scenarios, presentations, comps, prototypes, and style guides.
- Describe and present methods, explorations, and rationale along with a recommendation to diverse groups.
- Lean on industry standards and trusted methodologies but still experiment.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.