You: Content Writers at Apptio are responsible for fueling our top-of-funnel growth efforts by developing compelling, search-friendly content that attracts prospective Apptio customers to our web properties. You'll plan, write, and edit various types of marketing content - from eBooks to executive briefs, landing pages and blog posts - that express our brand and product story and help turn readers into Apptio customers. The ideal candidate is also strategic about driving an informed perspective, identifying market trends and understanding complex technology.
Us: We are an enthusiastic and dedicated marketing team focused on creating compelling, high-performing content that’s relevant and engaging for technology and finance executives. Our team is thoughtful, self-driven, efficient, and strategic. The position is based in Bellevue and reports into the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications.
What we want you to do:
- Write and edit search-optimized content and demand assets for Apptio.com and other web properties
- Work cross-functionally with campaigns, web, product marketing, and design teams to brainstorm and prioritize content ideas and bring them to life
- Implement SEO principles to create high-performing content using analytics
- Engage customers, industry leaders and partners directly and work closely with them to create engaging thought leadership content tailored to our buyers
- Become familiar with the Apptio story, voice, and tone to create content that is on brand and on message
- Partner with subject matter experts and executives to shape bylines and contributed content.
- Copy edit and review content for messaging, style guidelines, brand consistency and voice.
- Improve and optimize existing content based on relevant search performance metrics
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- 3-5+ years of B2B content creation or writing experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with demonstrated success creating compelling content that is tailored to goals and audience
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and how to implement them with attention to balancing brand and messaging priorities
- Strong skills with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce experience a plus.
- A passion and strong understanding for enterprise, B2B technology.
- The ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our brand.
- Independent, self-directed work style with a bias for informed action.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale media property marketing strategies and tactics.
- A team player with a great work ethic and strong and charismatic interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, coupled with an ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, Apptio stock and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.