Contract Associate Content Editor
System1 is looking for a talented digital content professional to help drive the content roadmap for our many sites. This is a contract role with the potential to move into a full-time position. We are a fast-growing and profitable company looking to scale our internal technology to keep pace with the business. The ideal person is highly motivated, accustomed to a fast-paced environment, and has a strong understanding of evolving business needs. This role will report directly to the Director of Content Management and will work with a team that takes pride in its cutting edge understanding of all things content, including but not limited to content production at scale, monetization, freelance management, and content marketing.
System1 was founded in Venice, CA with a simple mission — use technology to make advertising better for consumers and advertisers. System1 is led by a team of passionate and experienced entrepreneurs who have built multiple billion dollar companies.
Since our founding, we have become a profitable adtech and digital media company, with many successful websites, including leading how-to site HowStuffWorks.com.
Seniority Level - Assistant
- Managing day-to-day editorial tasks to ensure that deadlines are met
- Brainstorming for data-driven content across a vast range of topic areas
- Identifying and executing seasonal trends or current events
- Supporting the content team to create content at scale by helping with freelancer communications, workflow, Google Sheets, and publishing content in our proprietary CMS
- 1 year experience in digital media or content production
- Exceptionally skilled in communication, as well as writing, editing and grammatical skills
- Skilled in project management and prioritization
- Excellent knowledge/understanding of various content production and distribution and data analysis platforms
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets
- Self-motivated with organizational skills and a flexible outlook, with a general sense of curiosity about the world around us
- If writing samples are available, that would be a plus
What We Have To Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work ( Venice) Paid Parking or an ORCA Card ( Bellevue)
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Daily catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Bi-weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Bi-weekly onsite happy hour
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.
Read Full Job Description