Contract Marketing Writer at ExtraHop
The solutions we build at ExtraHop are transforming the cybersecurity industry. ExtraHop helps the world’s leading enterprises, including Home Depot, Credit Suisse, and Caesars Entertainment, rise above the noise to secure their business in the cloud and on the ground.
We have ambitious organizational growth plans and we're looking for people ready to join us on this exciting journey—and grow their careers while they’re at it. Think you have the skill and creativity to work on one of the best teams in the industry? Read on.
We're looking for a Contract Marketing Writer with exceptional writing skills, a passion for tech, and a deep understanding of the ways people find, consume, and share content online. This person will collaborate across teams and external agencies as needed in order to create engaging and educational content. They’ll help share ExtraHop's innovative, industry-leading network detection and response solutions, and motivate readers to take action. This position will be a key contributor to ExtraHop's content-centric digital marketing strategy.
This is a 6-month contract position with the possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces accurate, articulate, and compelling written content that expresses ExtraHop's brand, our technology, and the value we provide to customers.
- Works cross-functionally with stakeholders across the marketing team and other parts of the organization to understand major campaigns, launches, and themes.
- Primary writing projects include email and web copy to support webinars, regional and national events for demand gen and partners, click-worthy display ad copy, and paid search ad copy.
- Additional projects include supporting brand awareness through longer-form content including blog posts, web copy, and customer success stories
- Develops content that engages specific audiences at various stages of the buying cycle.
- Optimizes content for SEO and SEM. Works closely with the demand generation team to ensure that content is optimized to drive engagement and demand.
- Proactively and independently develops thought-leadership content that is appropriate for the blog and outside media channels.
- Has a clear understanding of the ExtraHop value proposition, competitive differentiation, and placement in the market, and stays abreast of major trends to ensure that content stays fresh and relevant.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Exceptional writing skills and a proven ability to convey complex topics in a digestible manner
- B.A. in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of work experience
- Must have 5 years or more of writing experience as part of work experience
- Must provide a portfolio consisting of a variety of content output upon request; examples of a display ad and other lead generating copy required
- Must have excellent communication and project management skills
- Must have outstanding project management skills; knowledge of Asana or similar project management tools preferred.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, other measurement tools, and basic HTML preferred
- Knowledge of SEO and content marketing is a plus
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from the core to the edge to the cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2019 Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $150 million in bookings in 2019 and 40% year-over-year growth for the last two consecutive years, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law