Copy Editor at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook is looking for a detail-oriented, positive, and responsible team player with high initiative and superior communication skills to join our Publishing team. This team, consisting of editors and designers, collaborates with analysts to produce high-quality reports for digital and occasional print distribution. These reports cover a wide range of cutting-edge, data-driven research topics about private markets and emerging technologies. Candidates do not need a background in these areas to be successful in this position. PitchBook offers educational resources on these and many other subjects.
The Publishing team within the Editorial department at PitchBook works with multiple stakeholders, primarily research analysts, to create high-quality publications of cutting-edge private financial markets research. This team of designers and editors focus on excellence in storytelling across all relevant avenues, from visual design to innovation in depictions of data to strength and accuracy of narrative and details.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Copy edit reports for that achieve various purposes and address various audiences, ensuring accuracy, clarity, consistency, and elegance across all publications
- Provide design feedback to report designers in collaboration with lead designer
- Ensure report feedback from all stakeholders is addressed, implementing edits in InDesign and Illustrator as needed
- Upload reports to content management systems (CMS) and distribute them to marketing, news, and PR teams
- Maintain organization of content libraries in CMS
- Develop collaborative relationships with research analysts, data analysts, designers, and other relevant stakeholders
- Develop understanding of Editorial teams, their respective goals, and how these teams contribute to PitchBook's goals as a company
- Develop understanding of private market basics, such as investor types, deal types, fund types, etc.
- Develop understanding of PitchBook Editorial design and text style guides
- Collaborate with other Publishing editors on maintenance of style guides and other relevant guides
- Develop competency in best practices for project management on a project level
- Generate ideas for improving and unifying writing styles
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 – 3 years of work or college internship experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage overlapping deadlines
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.