Copywriter at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Copywriter engages various customer segments across numerous channels, including web, email, social media, print, and more. Working closely with other in-house creative team members, this role covers multiple writing assignments at once and collaborates with stakeholders from across the organization to support brand-building, lead generation, sales conversion, and customer renewal efforts.
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments and to grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Employ available industry research and a passion for continuous learning to build a deep understanding of the PitchBook product suite and how it benefits various customer segments
- Write compelling B2B marketing copy focused on articulating industry insights, addressing customer challenges and opportunities, and surfacing the related features and benefits of PitchBook solutions
- Develop and hone writing best practices for email, social media, web, and other channels
- Act as a brand steward to ensure our messaging matches our brand voice and tone and works cohesively with other assets across channels
- Interface directly with cross-functional teams, including product marketing, demand generation, and customer success
- Deliver the highest levels of quality and accuracy in all writing assignments
- Deliver projects in a timely fashion with a focus on priorities and what matters most
- Work and communicate effectively across the organization
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience writing marketing copy (B2B marketing experience is desirable but not necessary)
- Possesses strong marketing copy skills, including an understanding of strategy and channel best practices
- Possesses exceptional communication skills to articulate creative point of view, including intent and thought process behind copy choices
- Ability to positively engage in the creative feedback process and efficiently turn feedback into higher-quality drafts
- Experience and comfort level with balancing multiple, distinct creative projects at once and navigating shifting priorities, timelines, directives, and project scopes
- Command of AP Style, grammar, and punctuation for professional communications
- An eye for detail and desire for consistency
- Demonstrated experience to work effectively with other creatives and cross-functional teams
- Ability to maintain composure under the pressure of working with many stakeholders and opinions
- An appreciation for private equity, venture capital, and M&A, as well as the passion for learning
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.