Copywriter at DreamBox Learning
About the Role:
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? We are seeking a Copywriter to join our growing Marketing team. In this role, you will create persuasive writing to promote the sale of our products, engage existing customers, and elevate our brand. Additionally, you will make short (and long-form) content for various stakeholders, including prospects, customers, and our overall target audience (admins, math coordinators, teachers, parents, learning guardians, etc.). This person will serve as "the voice" of DreamBox, providing a consistent tone and manner across all written communications.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Writing copy for various marketing needs, including emails, articles, websites, newsletters, social media content, blog posts, and digital ad copy, adjusting the brand tone slightly as needed for these different channels.
- Discussing details with various stakeholders, including marketing, sales, customers, and product marketing, the marketing copywriter will also meet with multimedia professionals to discuss which sound and visual elements to incorporate with the copy.
- Crafting email copy for various audiences (customer, prospects, target audiences) and newsletters.
- Working closely with internal teams to participate in all stages of the creative process, from brainstorming to conceptual development, thereby contributing innovative strategies.
- Continuously raising the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action in short timeframe.
- Producing written materials for a variety of formats, including print collateral (print ads, brochures), Web and interactive content, and longer-form blogs
- Ensuring written materials are clear, concise, and persuasive to help bring the program strategy to life.
- Understanding target audience to translate copy and design into compelling creative.
- Collaborating with a team from concept development to delivery of final product, especially with our designers.
- Five plus years of relevant experience
- Experience in education or Edtech industry strongly preferred
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Agency or client side experience a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience in conceptual writing in marketing or advertising, Web, product, brand messaging and promotional copy
- Familiarity with standard style guides
- Experience in an environment working with marketing, advertising or PR campaigns, print and social media preferred
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the company or target audience at hand
- Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a fast-paced team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to own projects, demonstrate good judgment when working with team members and client contacts, and take initiative
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Experience with SEO
- Collaborative spirit
- Legal right to work in the United States
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.