Director of Communications and Content
Director of Communications and Content
Marketing | Seattle, Washington
Highspot is a fast-growing startup that is defining the sales enablement category. Recently named as the technology leader by Gartner & Forrester, and one of LinkedIn’sTop 50 Startups in the US, Highspot is entering a hyper-growth phase. To help accelerate the growth, Highspot is hiring a Director of Communications and Content to create the voice of our brand and story to the market to drive organize demand for our products as we scale.
In this key role, you will shape the future of Highspot by leading the effort to extend our brand and awareness to the market through PR, influencer and media relations, online and digital brand presence and awareness, and compelling content that generates interest and affinity to Highspot. Success in this role means that aircover and awareness materially contributes to driving organic demand for our products. This person must be a creative marketer - someone who loves to dream big and make those dreams come to life through impeccable execution.
● Create and implement the strategic content and communications plan to advance Highspot’s role as a thought leader in sales enablement and drive organic demand for our products.
● Tell Highspot’s brand narrative in a way that raises awareness of and interest in Highspot’s solutions, which ultimately converts into active demand.
● Develop trust and an ongoing relationship with targeted media outlets, influencers and analysts, and the market at large including customers, prospects, talent, and investors.
● Oversee the day-to-day activities of the content marketing and communications functions including budgeting, planning and staff development.
● Proactively prioritize and identify media opportunities, prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material to amplify those opportunities.
● Work closely with cross-functional internal stakeholders to create a multi-discipline and programmatic approach to content and communications, leveraging internal thought leaders and experts, executive and employee points of view and editorial content through the web, blog and digital channels.
● Raise the profile of Highspot’s executives by extending relevant and compelling thought leadership through awareness channels, PR and media.
● An energetic and entrepreneurial DNA with a relentless focus on creating market breakthroughs
● A ‘hands on’ individual with a high bar for a quality work output from yourself and your team
● A solid communicator and collaborator, someone who values the power of words
● A design-obsessed individual, one who relishes sweating the small stuff to make our brand stand apart
● A brand visionary, who can ensure that communications of all kinds are accurate strategic articulations of our brand and core values
Requirements and Skills
● 8-10 years experience leading successful brand marketing efforts for a digital agency, creative and/or cutting-edge technology or media company
● Track record of developing creative strategies and managing the execution of unique marketing programs and campaigns, that have broken through the “noise”
● Functional depth managing PR, events, and content -- familiarity with social and SEO tools, measurement, and execution
● A history of managing teams, working with cross functional teams and external partners
● Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
● Flexible work and vacation schedule
● Transportation benefit
● Competitive compensation and equal pay
● Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
● Free catered Friday lunches
● Team building outside of the office
● Company bonding events throughout the year
● Opportunities to attend trade shows, conferences, and industry events
● Open office, based in the heart of Seattle
● Great views of the city and Puget Sound
● Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
● Environment to do your best work
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, sales teams are able to stay connected to the best-performing content for each opportunity, customize and optimize their content, and more effectively engage with their customers and prospects. With 90 percent average monthly recurring usage and global support in over 125 countries, Highspot is the sales enablement industry's most trusted solution.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We aim to build an inclusive workforce. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Read Full Job Description