Outreach is the number one sales engagement platform with the largest customer base and industry-leading usage, helping companies achieve their revenue goals and drive more insightful engagement with their customers.
Outreach is seeking a Director of Content & Editorial Strategy with a track record for working cross-organizationally to shape and lead a high-performing content strategy & execution function with a predictable editorial cadence at a high growth technology company. This role will report directly to the VP of Product Marketing and is responsible for building a durable and scalable content center-of-excellence that enables our selling and marketing teams with compelling, innovative content to engage customers successfully. We are seeking a leader who has demonstrated the ability to set a content strategy, gain executive and stakeholder buy-in, then drive consistent execution of a company-wide content agenda through various marketing/selling functions at scale, including executive communications, demand generation, GTM enablement, and public/analyst/investor relations. You are passionate about B2B SaaS technology and, in particular, the possibilities it holds for transforming the selling and buying engagement process through innovations in exciting areas such as machine learning and AI. You understand how content can move a business forward in measurable ways and you bring ideas for why, what, how and where to measure the impact of content on business outcomes. You also have a keen and innovative sense for how to pivot content to meet the evolving needs of customers and the market, particularly against the backdrop of increasing online content noise and fatigue. You recognize key content consumption trends and work to stay ahead of them by trying new approaches, channels and form factors. You have the ability to set a content governance model in place to provide guardrails that enable content production and delivery across the company at scale, while enabling us to consistently and effectively stay on message, brand and tone. Lastly, you have your finger on the pulse of the sales technology competitive landscape, and you ensure that we are producing and delivering a content narrative that is differentiated and compelling for customers. By the time you’ve read this entire job description, you’ll have thought of at least four ways to improve it.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Orchestrating and building out the company’s foundational content narrative, approach and assets that tell the story of Outreach - the company, our products, customers and partners.
- Serving as the steward of the company’s vision, mission, values and messaging content hierarchy and putting a system in place to guide consistent execution of content that is on message, on brand, and using the right tone.
- Serving as “air traffic control” across key content channels throughout the company; collaborating with cross-functional digital marketing leaders to ensure cross-channel messaging is cohesive and driving maximum business impact.
- Creating a content delivery process aligned to our continuous product release cadence that enables our sales organizations and marketing engines with up-to-date product content, working collaboratively across Product Marketing SMEs to initiate and manage a version-control system that ensures customer-facing roles always have the most accurate and timely product content assets.
- Working in close partnership across other content/creative roles including writers, editors, and graphic designers to ensure that content is developed with a channel-specific and customer-centric approach.
- Establishing success metrics and monitoring KPIs to track and report content health and impact, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Regularly monitoring and analyzing industry benchmarks and digital trends, to ensure Outreach remains on the forefront of the digital content landscape.
- Driving an improved web and content experience that helps generate new and expanded customer demand for Outreach products in measurable ways.
- 7 or more years of experience working as a product marketer, content marketer, public relations leader, executive communications leader or related role in the technology industry
- Deep knowledge of digital marketing platforms and the role content plays within them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with high capacity to collaborate with internal teams as well as external partners and vendors.
- We don’t expect you to have a PhD in machine learning, set up your own Outreach sequences, enable a sandbox environment, nor install one of our ISV partner integrations. However, since we market/sell an AI-driven technical product in the sales technology space to sales and revenue operations leaders in the enterprise, familiarity and experience with the technologies they use and the challenges they face are important and highly preferred. We want you to be (become) authentically passionate about your content subject matter.
- Proficient understanding of SaaS technology, vernacular and landscape
- Ability to write, edit and oversee the creation of multiple content types, ensuring high quality and consistency of message/tone/brand; strong attention to detail.
- A knack for making complex topics understandable, engaging, and entertaining.
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver on key milestones
- Influencing all levels of leadership ranging from analysts to C-Level executives.
- Demonstrating a strong ability to lead cross-functional teams to drive business results that measurably deliver company impact.
- Creates a work environment that celebrates, encourages, and stands up for diversity & inclusion
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA strongly preferred
About The Team
Join the growing Product Marketing team as we expand the Outreach product portfolio to multi-product, multi-geo, multi-language and multi-currency, spanning customers ranging in size from scrappy startups to some of the largest global enterprise companies in the world. We are a team who sits at the intersection of engineering and the sales and marketing teams, translating innovation into marketable, sellable products that deliver unmatched customer experiences and value at scale across the globe. We are obsessed about collaborating effectively across internal teams and stakeholders, as well as our partner ecosystem to deliver Outreach experiences that attract, delight and deliver unmatched value to customers. We wake up each day inspired to do our best work and remain ever-curious about how to improve, evolve and grow. Above all, we have each others’ backs.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status