Director - Content Strategy at Freshworks (Bellevue, WA)
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a global team operating from 13 global locations to serve more than 65,000 companies -- from startups to public companies - that rely on Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM, CX) and employee experience (ITSM).
Freshworks' cloud-based software suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshchat (AI-powered bots), supported by Neo, our underlying platform of shared services.
Freshworks is featured in global national press including CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg and has been a BuiltIn Best Place to work in San Francisco and Denver for the last 3 years. Our customer ratings have earned Freshworks products TrustRadius Top Rated Software ratings and G2 Best of Awards for Best Feature Set, Best Value for the Price and Best Relationship.
We are seeking a Director - Inbound Content Strategy to join the Revenue Growth team at Freshworks. The ideal candidate will build the overall strategy to develop content to drive Inbound traffic, engagement, and conversion for all our products. The role involves building, coaching, and managing a team of email copywriter, direct response copywriter, content editor, and content specialist. This is a strategic role where the touchpoints you oversee include SEO and blogs, email marketing, landing pages, in-product marketing copy, and banner & text ads. Your impact will be measured against traffic, page & ad engagement, and content-led engagement and conversion.
You thrive in global and cross-functional organizational structures.
What you'll do at Freshworks:
- Assess & refine buyer journey, ICP definition, and value propositions across products & personas and build a full-funnel content strategy for the Inbound business at Freshworks
- Audit content performance and improve performance of Ads, landing pages, In-product marketing copy, and email marketing spanning across prospects and customers
- Identify, onboard, and guide external agencies to manage high-velocity content output such as SEO & Blogs, and Email
- Establish workflows across teams spanning the buyer journey, from Traffic & Acquisition, Web Conversion rate optimization to Trial monetization & lifecycle marketing
- Identify new content opportunities by leveraging insights from buyer research, visitor, trial and customer analytics to build content programs that drive traffic, engagement, and conversion
- Own and manage lifecycle marketing programs for all journeys post-trial - these segments include in-trial, trial expired, free plan users, and existing customers
- Build the right audience segments, define key lifecycle program metrics and how they connect up to Key results; partner with the Marketing Analytics team to develop measurement and reporting to track performance against these metrics
- Continuously improve journey conversion rates by identifying new opportunities for growth, developing testable hypotheses, and running experiments to validate them
- Partner with Brand and Product Marketing to ensure adherence to brand guidelines and messaging relevance to building a delightful content experience
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A total experience of 15 years, out of which 10+ years of experience in Content Marketing for SaaS organizations
- Experience overseeing a team of short-form and long-form content, editing, and copywriting across various formats and channels
- Excellent program manager - from one-off projects to BAU projects to large, multi-dimensional programs of projects/business initiatives - from planning to execution and retrospective review.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
California Pay Range: $212,000 - 344,500+ comprising an annual salary & incentive compensation: You may also be eligible for equity and additional generous company benefits.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.