E-Learning Content Developer at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is seeking an experienced and proven L&D professional who is passionate about learning and development to support onboarding and continuing education programs. We’re growing and need an L&D specialist who is dedicated to innovation, trying new things, and analyzing results. This is an opportunity to apply your experience and grow yourself - we'll give you the tools to do so.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop/re-imagine online learning experience interactions for claims onboarding & continuing education programs
- Develop and deliver eLearning best practices and content templates
- Ensure all training materials are consistent and up-to-date and in line with training goals and initiatives
- Measure impact & quality assurance results through the training process by creating performance evaluations to support ongoing employee development
- Drive project planning & execution with team members
- Maintain and continually expand skill in new learning approaches, technologies, and tools through ongoing research and experimentation
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors degree or certification in instructional design and development, adult learning, or a related field is a plus
- Experience in veterinary operations/offices is a plus
- 1+ years of experience building training & training strategy
- Experience with Captivate, Storyline or other SCORM authoring tool is required
- Experience with Instructional Design techniques preferred
- Experience with LearnUpon, Lessonly, or other LMS administration preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate & communicate effectively with peers and leaders by breaking down silos & engaging cross-functional efforts
- Ability to create new content while maintaining alignment with existing training materials
- Project management skills, including the abilities to think independently, track many details and logistics concurrently, be flexible, meet deadlines, and juggle priorities for multiple ongoing projects
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A passion for helping pets!
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.