eLearning Content Developer
Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced eLearning Content Developer to join our Training Team. The selected candidate will explore all channels to develop and update our training programs as well as content for our Learning Management System. An ideal candidate has experience creating both classroom and online training materials, a passion for writing, a driven nature to proactively reach out to others and seek out subject matter experts, as well as have a strong aptitude for technology.
This full-time position reports to our Training Content Manager and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA
- Develop new eLearning content and online course modules
- Work collaboratively with our Training Team and Subject Matter Experts in creating storyboards/scripts and production ready content
- Create and update scripts for our video collection
- Producing quality eLearning course material, including course design documents, course outlines, course descriptions, PowerPoint slides, diagrams, interactive exercises and assessments
- Record, edit and maintain materials in our Learning Management System
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 2 - 5 years of Technical Writing or Instructional Design
- Experience with capture software like Captivate, Camtasia or others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Articulate Storyline
- Smartsheet certification preferred but not required
- Intermediate knowledge of Skilljar or similar Learning Management Systems
- Proven experience working with a variety of stakeholders to create content
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience in instructional design best practices
- Aptitude to quickly pick up new concepts
- Agility to quickly adjust priorities and shift direction
- Flexibility to contribute to other projects as required
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.