Executive Editor at OneCare Media
OneCare Media is a high-growth, digital media startup committed to bettering the health & wellness of our community. Through expert-driven resources and curated recommendations, OneCare helps consumers make better informed, more personalized decisions in their healthcare journeys.
About the Role
OneCare is looking for an editorial leader and brand ambassador to best-in-class content for the premium destination in the sleep industry for 20 years, SleepFoundation.org. As Executive Editor, you’ll be a primary public face for Sleep Foundation and its content by partnering with organizations and industry experts in the industry, in addition to guiding the evolution of the brand, Sleep Foundation content, and its editorial direction across our owned media and beyond.
The Executive Editor will be responsible for continuing the evolution of the Sleep Foundation brand on sleepfoundation.org and throughout the sleep, health, and wellness ecosystem. The right leader will guide our teams through the delivery of time-sensitive, authoritative, and rigorously researched content in an easy-to-read, approachable format. You will work closely with our design, technology, data, marketing, and SEO teams to continue building our understanding of our audience and to build new ones. You will devise and execute new ways to ensure Sleep Foundation not only participates in key sleep-industry conversations but also guides them.
This position reports to OneCare’s Senior Director of Editorial. OneCare will be working remote through 2021.
What You'll Do
- Represent and evangelize for the Sleep Foundation brand and the stories we tell, be it online, at events, or through interviews as a Sleep Foundation spokesperson
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Editorial to develop Sleep Foundation’s editorial calendar and strategy, including testing concepts to increase editorial authority in the sleep space and expand our reach
- Coach editors and writers on storytelling, source development, and expert input
- Anticipate, communicate, and adjust resource needs to serve our audiences
- Partner with marketing, content, and engineering teams to improve audience engagement, evolve site design, and innovate across platforms, such as webinars, social media, etc.
- Ensure and maintain SEO excellence across the site
- Stay at the forefront of market and competitor trends and tactics and develop action plans for the brand and editorial content
- Collaborate productively with cross-functional partners to drive action and realize goals
What We Are Looking For
- At least 10+ years of experience in editorial, content production, content marketing, and/or brand management
- Demonstrated advocacy for health, wellness, and sleep-related issues with a strong and growing network of like-minded subject-matter experts
- Portfolio of written and on-camera work, preferably in the sleep space
- Passion for your craft and an appetite to challenge yourself and inspire those around you
- Advanced editorial skills and experience building, adapting, and producing narratives, news information, developing contributors, and keeping creative work streams on track
- Strong knowledge of SEO, social media platforms, newsletters, and audience management
- Thorough understanding of user intent and experience, and the process by which to measure and analyze them
- A team player with a positive outlook and an entrepreneurial spirit
Who We Are
- We’re a rapidly growing company with a driven but casual culture
- We’re able to problem solve creatively while keeping our focus on the important aspects of the business
- We’re flexible and adaptable as we pursue our goals
- We’re open to new ideas while also verbalizing our own perspectives
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants.