Executive Producer at Warner Bros. Discovery (Kirkland, WA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
For the past 25 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title - all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That's where you come in - for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
The Executive Producer is responsible for overseeing all phases of development for multiple projects from the concept phase through release. The Executive Producer works in partnership with internal and external developers and any third parties to ensure each project's timely, high-quality delivery. The position identifies and communicates goals and risks, on an ongoing basis, to both internal and external stakeholders.
The Executive Producer is responsible for solving project- and studio-level challenges through upholding strong production processes and crafting a strategic resource plan including a sustainable internal core team, co-production partnerships with other WB Games studios, and temporary and/or external resources as required. The Executive Producer owns our team's collaborative relationship with key WB Games stakeholders including Publishing, QA, PR, Legal, and Marketing, and others. They are responsible for managing major deliverables and approval gates in a way that ensures ambitious project goals are being met, risks are being mitigated, team culture and wellbeing are upheld, and the needs of the business are being served.
- Partner with the Director of Development in:
- Creation and management of franchise plans for specific product IP.
- Creation, implementation and management of production processes and best practices.
- Identifying and establishing approval pathways for all assigned projects.
- Identifying and/or selecting quality development partnerships for the production of future projects.
- Improving and evolving the WB Games production and organizational management structure.
- Develop and implement a long-term resource plan to manage project goals, business needs, and team stability, leveraging:
- Internal resources. Existing team, and identifying new roles that are needed.
- Sister studio resources. Large scale co-production partnerships, and shorter-term resource sharing where appropriate.
- External resources. External development partners, outsourcing support, consultants, and other vendors.
- Analyze competitive products and new business opportunities and make recommendations to senior management.
- Work with other WB Games and WBD divisions to identify and execute opportunities for collaboration.
- Serve as the primary contact with assigned internal and external developers throughout the production process and oversee developer's high-level production processes.
- Defines, prepares, and delivers milestone submissions.
- Budget management against individual product P&Ls.
- Develop strong relationships to establish and maintain a reliable and timely flow of information and materials to all parties as necessary.
- Identifies and establishes required asset pipelines on the production side to ensure timely delivery of assets as required to promote and publish the finished product.
- Coordinates and liaises with all necessary departments and divisions to facilitate execution of projects and materials in a professional and client-centric manner. This includes keeping WB Games department heads apprised of products status.
- Works closely with the appropriate staff to research and identify and/or obtain clearances for all materials needed for Sales, PR, Marketing and Distribution use.
- Interacts and negotiates with talent, creative and agents relating to feature film, TV, and publishing in coordination with Manager of Rights & Clearances and Legal.
- Keep all key stakeholders informed of product status and vision through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials (including milestone updates, work-in-progress presentations, etc).
- Manages brand assurances of assigned products adhering to WBD standards and brand approval requirements.
- Helpful if candidate can speak French, but not required.
We are looking for an Executive Producer with experience leading a large multi-platform team from concept to release. As we embark on development of a new game, experience of each stage of development including pre-production is a massive plus for applicants.
- Extensive experience in a leadership role in an internal game development team
- Leadership experience resolving conflict, and when needed offering difficult feedback with respect
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting decks to partners
- Experience owning and/or directing go to market strategies, in alignment with publishing and development teams
- Experience using KPIs to set product success goals, monitoring of the product and informing necessary changes to the game & experience with, and ability to use, in-game trends (using data insights) to improve top line KPIs
- Strong understanding of the open world action combat genre and the associated player motivations
The Nice to Haves
- Experience with Brand and Franchise development
- Experience building cross-disciplinary teams
- DC Franchise Knowledge
- Exceptional Public Speaking skills
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $154,000.00 - $286,000.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].