Freelance Product Photographer
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We are currently looking for an in-house Product Photographer to work with our first-rate photo studio for 6-9 weeks. We need someone with extensive and accomplished experience with product photography (preferably with a focus on fine-jewelry), styling and image consistency on the team that produces our world-class product images. If you have a polished portfolio in the luxury retail space, a keen eye for detail, love efficiency and move quickly in a high-energy environment then we are the right fit for you.
Job responsibilities include:
• Photograph Blue Nile’s jewelry and engagement rings for our website
• Style and prep products to specifications
• Follow brand-specific style guides to ensure consistency of image composition and lighting
• Maintain photo studio workspace
• Catalog work using internal tracker
• Meticulous attention to detail, making sure to catch and adjust even the smallest of image flaws
• Ability to follow strict guidelines in terms of file organization
• Deftly match quality and lighting standards to ensure consistency of product imagery
• Uploading images to diligently organized server and assisting to maintain that organization
• Managing large quantities of files, ensuring nothing gets lost in the shuffle
• Has deep awareness of tight timelines and feels a sense of urgency to facilitate staying on schedule
• Anticipate problems in workflow and work ahead to create solutions
• Occasionally add keywords and rename images
• Display maturity and professionalism under pressure
• Collaborate and stay in constant communication with manager and other team members to ensure efficiency
Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience and Education)
• 5+ years’ experience in professional studio photography
• Experience with Canon and Profoto equipment
• Experience shooting macro jewelry photography
• Proficient MAC user
• Pays meticulous attention to details
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Supreme composition skills
• Exemplary knowledge of photography and lighting
• Self-motivated and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment, able to switch projects at a moment’s notice
• Capable of handling pressure and creating high-quality imagery on tight deadlines
• Comfortable working in a semi-industrial workspace
Additional Abilities: (if applicable)
Unique Abilities Required: Photoshop God
Typical Amount of Travel: 0
Core: Accountability, adaptability, customer focus, decision making, ethics and integrity, functional/technical skills, resourcefulness, results orientation, and teamwork.
Core Manager: Building effective teams, business alignment, leadership, developing and motivating talent, and managing and measuring contributions.
Position Specific: Attention to detail and ability to output flawless imagery, multi-tasking and capable of delivering against multiple image batches simultaneously, strong communication with other teams to ensure quality and consistency in image output, and dependable.