Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Copywriters are master storytellers. As creative architects, they have ability to distill a complex message into language that is simple, engaging and memorable. They pour over strategy, insights and culture to craft the perfect message and overall concept. They understand the power of an idea and are obsessive over the craft of the execution. If these words have inspired you to write words, then we invite you to read on...
Axon is looking for Junior Copywriter on fire and ready to help us shape our brand into ideas and powerful messaging on a daily basis. You will write in the Axon brand voice, balancing personality with clear, easy-to-understand language. You will be looked at as an expert on messaging across multiple platforms, both on and offline. We’re looking for someone who can switch their approach easily as they work directly with the VP of Creative, sales and product and the CEO on projects ranging from campaigns involving VR, video and social, as well as support for email and blog communications. This person is adept at utilizing metrics to tell stories that matter. Perhaps most importantly, we want someone who is mission focused. We are in the business of protecting life by modernizing public safety through technology, and we want people who are ready to get on board, hold on tight and contribute all that they can.
Who are we?
Axon is the global leader in developing next generation de-escalation weapons, body cameras and records management software. We are committed to protecting the lives of officers on the field and making our communities safer through non-lethal weapon development. But we don't just want to stop at law enforcement: our motive is to Protect Life in the public sector, and we are constantly exploring how technology can be a part of the solution. At our core, we are a diverse team who love geeking out over science fiction and new tech, and we never stop asking the big what-if questions.
Your Day to Day
- Develop content across a wide variety of channels including email, blog, social media and product
- Support senior creative leadership with content for VR, video and conferences
- Collaborate with other creatives, and marketers to ensure omni-channel alignment (Online, Direct, Indirect).
- Own copywriting for assigned device specifically taglines, why buys, detail page headlines, digital ads, and retail signage—while adhering to an authentic brand voice.
- Partner with design to concept stories and big ideas for product launches and events.
- Work closely with product marketing, brand creation, and site merchants for supportive copy needs
- Collaborate with brand strategists to brainstorm product names.
- Proofread all final assets
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years copywriting experience within digital/ecommerce – or a proven digital writing background
- Proven ability to apply a consistent brand voice to brand work across multiple digital-based channels
- Knowledge of ecommerce and digital marketing best practices
- Portfolio of samples showcasing exceptional digital writing work
- Critical thinker and communicator who works well with cross-functional teams; can present copy best practices and defend messaging choices
- Demonstrated ability to influence and affect customer perceptions and behavior with compelling stories.
- Willing to learn how to present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to adapt writing to various consumer audiences and products
- User-experience-first messaging approach and ability to apply a strategic lens to writing
- Ability to learn and master the specific process and tools required for daily work
- Desire and ability to work within a weekly publishing timeline
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple deliverables and meet aggressive deadlines
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advertising or marketing background, preferably with experience working with premium and global brands
- In-house creative experience in a leading role
- Experience writing for consumer technology
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.