Who are we?
Who is DefinedCrowd? Well, from a technical point of view, we leverage the power of a global crowd to provide some of the world’s biggest companies with the high-quality data they need to power their artificial intelligence. We’re instrumental to the progression and development of artificial intelligence and we couldn’t be prouder or more inspired to be involved in an industry that is changing the world.
From a personal point of view, we’re a group of big thinkers, high achievers and creative problem solvers. We bond over our shared love of software engineering, data science, and strong coffee. We like online gaming, running marathons, and team drinks. We celebrate authenticity and diversity and we’re invested in what we do. Our mission? World domination, obviously!
What will you do?
- Manage all assigned translation, localization, and language-based projects from start to finish, identifying, scheduling and supervising all project phases and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee multiple projects, managing timelines and communicating with stakeholders to ensure that their guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Create briefs, instructions, and guidelines for all language teams, ensuring that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported.
- Manage day to day communication with the in-house team, freelance translators, and external vendors to ensure that quality, schedule and budget expectations are met, negotiating deadlines and rates.
- Provide support, advice, guidance to the linguists in their daily tasks
- Ensure projects are completed and delivered with ultimate attention to quality
- Identify and solve translation and localization issues or disagreements, identifying causes and performs corrective / preventative action
- Drive continuous process improvement, establish standards of excellence and process efficiency
- Prepare and maintain project and process documentation constantly updated.
Who are we looking for?
Do you have the drive to work in an innovative and ambitious environment?
We’re looking for someone with a determined and proactive mindset, someone inspired and passionate to help us achieve our goals. Our successful candidate is a strong critical thinker, reliable and transparent, with an ability to learn and communicate. We’re looking for someone special to contribute to our unique culture.
Our Language Services Specialist also have:
- University Degree (preferably in linguistic/translation related studies)
- Minimum 5 year of professional experience in a similar position
- Solid in-depth knowledge of internationalization and localization
- Detail orientation with the ability to multitask
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven abilities in project planning, resource, and risk management
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Solution orientated problem solver with excellent planning and organizational skills
- Independence in carrying out assigned tasks
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with CAT tools and TMS (Memsource, XTM etc).
Why Join Us?
You spend a lot of your time at work, so it should be challenging, fun and interesting. At DefinedCrowd, it will be all of those things and more. Here’s what we offer:
- A unique culture, healthy working environment, and a flexible working schedule
- Excellent career development opportunities in a high growth company
- Access to an excellent compensation and benefits package
- An international and diverse team, representing more than 30+ nationalities at our 4 locations
- Global mobility and relocation support with the help of our specialized team
- Continuous training opportunities leveraging hand-on workshops and formal development opportunities.
DefinedCrowd offers a platform with multiple data delivery options that leverages machine learning technology and human intelligence to deliver quality-guaranteed training data for AI systems. The platform offers self-service and fully customizable solutions that deliver high-quality project-specific training data, enabling AI products reach market quicker. It is this business model that has allowed DefinedCrowd to raise a total of $63.6M in funding over 4 rounds. Our value proposition is quality, privacy, speed and scale, covering more than 50 different languages. With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, we have been serving AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one. DefinedCrowd was founded in Seattle and has offices in Lisbon, Porto and Tokyo.