Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. It also gives us the ability to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
Ookla is looking for a Lead Industry Analyst to take a leading role in the company’s editorial program and external facing thought leadership. This is a highly specialized role for an individual with demonstrated mastery level knowledge of technical telecommunications trends, with an emphasis on network performance, quality and accessibility.
With the support of Ookla’s existing editorial and marketing team, the Lead Industry Analyst will be responsible for shaping and driving the company’s key technical enterprise messages to a sophisticated international audience. The vast majority of projects will be writing-based, but there are also significant opportunities to share analysis through other mediums such as interviews, webinars and events.Responsibilities
- Identify and understand trends across telecom in order to drive content
- Spearhead the strategy and creation of technical content for decision making audiences from network operators, device and chipset manufacturers, governments and regulatory bodies, trade groups, industry press, and more
- Conceptualize and write frequent in-depth articles, white papers and other forms of content that showcase Ookla’s data and network intelligence insights
- Create content on a wide array of topics across global markets, tailoring analysis to the unique telecommunications landscapes and enterprise considerations of each one
- Work closely with teams across the organization to identify storytelling opportunities and bring those ideas to life
- Collaborate with data, sales, product and design teams to manage stakeholder expectations throughout all stages of the editorial process, maintaining close communication with internal sponsors for projects as they develop
- Represent Ookla publicly in interviews with press, through speaking opportunities at industry trade shows and events, and other similar types of opportunities
- Become an expert in Ookla’s products, datasets and core audiences
- Seasoned telecommunications industry career experience
- Demonstrated experience being the primary researcher and writer of technical telecommunications content (e.g. white papers, industry reports, articles, etc)
- Excellent English-language business writing and editing expertise
- Adept at working with data in both visual and written forms
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate to senior technical enterprise audiences via writing
- Eager to work closely with colleagues and foster a positive, inclusive work environment
- Energized by a fast-paced environment where project priorities and key messages change frequently
- The humility to take edits well and the audacity to know when to push back
People come first at Ookla. We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks. Our comprehensive benefits package includes 401(k) matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.Location
While our preference is to have this person located in our wonderful Dublin office to cover the EMEA region, we are also open to having this position be FT remote else where in Europe or in the States. This role will be required to travel occasionally (when it is safe to do so).