Lodging Content Associate at Expedia Group
Expedia Group is currently looking for motivated individuals, with a bias to action, and who have an obsession for customer satisfaction to join our Market Operations team.
In this position, you will focus on maintaining property descriptions and resolving requests for content updates submitted by hotels and internal teams. Supporting the onboarding process of new hotel partners brand websites. By putting yourself in the shoes of the partner, you will help them attract travelers
You will be versatile in handling multiple software programs, prompt and accurate in your responses to email and phone communications and provide a simple, rapid, competent support experience.
Dedicated and compassionate when dealing partners and travelers, you will work closely with other departments to ensure the best resolution, first time
What you'll do
- Create new hotel content and perform ongoing maintenance of hotel content by capturing and confirming data about property amenities, on-site services, and contact information. This involves contacting the hotel to gather information as well as using a checklist to ensure requisite data is gathered
- Ensure that the product is complete and competitive, by the types of room build, rate plans, rates and inventory are loaded by the hotel or via their Channel Manager
- Loading promotions for the properties, as agreed by the Market Manager during contracting
- Edit existing hotel content in English, including paragraphs, amenities, and photos; address change requests, clarifying details, when necessary, while adhering to style guidelines, defined processes, classifications, and image standards; call the hotel to gather information; and answer a checklist of questions about the property
- Assign star ratings within star rating criteria guidelines, and categorizing by themes and structure types
- Solidly understand different lodging/property types in the travel industry and the differing services and amenities featured
- Make decisions and apply content appropriately following defined processes and classifications
- Acquire photos through web scraping and contacting hotels; moderate and load photos; classify photos per criteria
- Work efficiently towards daily targets and team metrics (due dates); complete all work to program standards as defined for each process; focus on continuous improvement
- Train hotel partners on tools and processes that will optimize their products on our sites
- Provide project support for other content tasks, as assigned
Who you are
- Proficiency in English and language skills
- University Degree; or equivalent
- Experience in customer service oriented industry.
- Hotel/Travel -industry experience will be a plus.
- Fluency with internet, computer usage and web-based application skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and various call center support programs.
- Familiar with accounting terms and further financial operations will be an asset.
Relentlessly Strive for Better
- Solutions mindset and a real passion for the partner and the traveler experience.
- Ability to handle situations effectively; to set expectations and deliver information in a positive way.
Have a Bias to Action
- An individual who will take ownership of problem resolution.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
Be Open and Honest
- Listens carefully and attentively to others’ opinions and ideas
- Listens to others’ perspectives and clarifies meaning before responding.
Be Data Driven and Business Judgement Led
- Keen eye for detail and high level of accuracy.
- Exercise good judgment in decision-making
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
LPS-MO-LATAMExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.