Manager, Lodging Content Operations
Expedia Group is currently looking for motivated individuals, with a bias to action, and who have an obsession for customer satisfaction to join our Market Operations contract centre team.
The Market Operations Team provides information, support, and training to our valued property partners and internal Expedia sales teams. With teams in more than 35 locations around the world, we are passionate about fast and effective operations with our primary goal of providing resolution the first time, every time. We value learning and development and invest heavily in our groups to provide an extraordinary environment for growth and the ability to pursue your career dreams.
In this position, you will serve your team through open communication, setting clear goals and paths, and enabling collaboration with other teams to innovate standards and maintain high-quality content for both our newly acquired properties and our customer’s needs. You will partner with market management and Expedia Group brands and lead the team to provide inbound and outbound support to our hotel and property partners. By putting yourself in the shoes of the partner, you will help them attract travellers.
Primary customers are Brand Customers, Sales team (Market Management) and hotel partners. By putting yourself in the shoes of the partner, you will help them attract travellers
What you'll do
- Motivational leadership of team in a high volume atmosphere with strong sales partnership in delivering the right solution for each unique property type.
- Supervise and track Service Level performance to identify drivers and solve systemic issues negatively impacting partner and customer experience.
- Continuous improvement of processes and workflow analysis
- Ongoing training, career path development and soft skills/employee development of team
- Accurate reporting and tracking of operational performance; developing action plans
- Monitor progress towards all performance metrics – average handle times and quality of service
- Leadership by example – excellent service and partner support focus
- Developing communication plans to ensure key partners are kept apprised of status and issues.
- Lead team in existing processes and urge out of the box thinking in order to drive improvement to all processes and procedures from the front line
Who you are
- Proficiency in English and language skills
- University Degree; or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in leading teams with varied strengths
- Experience in process development and improvement
- Proven successful record of managing operations or call center teams
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Strong analytical skills including trending, forecasting, financial and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Positive and solution-oriented attitude
Relentlessly Strive for Better
- Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers
- Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively
Have a Bias to Action
- Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development
- Manages a fair workload, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow and spends majority of time and resources on high priority items
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability
Be Open and Honest
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, listens carefully and considers what others have to say, including differing viewpoints
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad
Be Data Driven and Business Judgement Led
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, communicates decisions to others
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or ageExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.