Managing Producer at Leafly
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:00 a.m. (PST) on Friday, July 19, 2019
HELP MAKE HISTORY in one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company. Compliance, education and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, by building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you. A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment. If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Leafly media producers are equipped at handling multiple work streams, developing creative and strategic plans with cross-functional teams, and executing against a wide variety of creative and strategic business briefs and marketing channels. They possess a strong creative content production background, including managing internal and external development and production partners. Leafly is looking for you! Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Advise and direct staff and freelance producers on planning and executing photo and video shoots based on creative concepts, both in studio and on location.
- Develop and manage long term strategic initiatives in order to achieve growth and revenue targets
- Identify opportunities for incorporating videos on Leafly properties and identify opportunities and partners for content distribution and syndication
- Manages content pipeline, ensuring production and post-production timelines align to meet pipeline demands.
- Lead team communications with other departments as well as within production department and hold regular status updates with actions and owners.
- 6+ years in video production, with experience as a senior creative in digital media or other high production value programs
- Ability to draft creative briefs, manage asset production, and direct multiple cross-functional and cross-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of project breakdowns, budget and scheduling and understands how to prep a project rolling into production
- Experience in handling clients, feedback, notes, and approvals
- Experience managing and monetizing video platforms
- Experience developing engaging branded content
- Strong desire to keep up with emerging technologies and best practices with a passion to share and inspire those around you
- Ability to travel as needed
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description