Cody is looking for a multi-talented visual storyteller to join our Media Team to lead our sets and the creation of high-quality yoga videos with the world’s best instructors. This production lead role is a blend of cinematography, photography and directing. This position will report directly to our Producer. You will be responsible for leading your crew and directing other cinematographers to lead the creative direction of our instructional yoga series, classes, and marketing promotional materials.
The right candidate is a skilled media professional, with proven behind-the-camera success in the film/video industry, and a desire to create the most high-quality health & wellness content. The production lead will work collaboratively with the media team and own all cinematography and photography for our premium (paid content for our subscription platform) productions in Seattle. In 2018, we will produce over 200 unique productions, between three crews that are on set in multiple locations around the country, each filming 10-15 days per month.
- 3 + years in the film/video industry.
- 3 + years experience in photography.
- 3 + years directing other photographers and camera-ops.
- 3+ years working with talent in a team environment.
- Strong creativity in planning shots for promotional purposes.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and stress-resistant.
- Proven ability to lead interviews and bring out the best in talent.
- Expert in filming with Canon Video Cameras & DSLR video equipment.
- A strong understanding of gimbals/DJI Ronin operation, camera lighting, running and setting up audio.
- Experience with talent management (particularly in the health/fitness space).
- Experience managing the setup of film equipment on set.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, etc. -- After Effects skills a plus).
- A passion for creative experimentation and trying to tell stories in new and different ways.
- A reliable car to transport gear.
- Work collaboratively with producers, production managers, and post-production team.
- Responsible for directing all premium video sets in Seattle, including managing all video gear and equipment, Direct talent on set, running interviews and creating a marketable story, photographing talent for marketing materials, and running a multi-cam setup of 4 or more cameras.
- Provide leadership, direction, and schedule management on set.
- Create a stress-free and positive environment on set even when faced with time constraints and at times challenging variables
Applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered. After an initial phone screening, candidates will be asked to complete a creative media project.
Read Full Job Description