Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role
DreamBox Learning is seeking educators who are passionate about learning. Our goal at DreamBox is to transform the way the world learns regardless of zip code.
This position requires fluency in Spanish and English.
What You'll Be Doing
- Deliver highly engaging training/learning webinars, presentations, and client support in a timely manner. Present competent, expert information that ensures client participants achieve the outcomes of each session
- Follow all PD processes, including timely recording of tasks and essential information. Works seamlessly with the Client Experience team to effectively communicate workflow and next steps
- Routinely supports the PD team, leading internal training/learning opportunities, and appropriately contributing in all team meetings
- Collaborates to develop professional training and learning content that aligns with company needs and Product Management priorities while following the DreamBox Professional Development Design Learning Principles
- Communicate effectively with internal teams and external clients
- Capably and confidently make informed adjustments to support colleagues & clients
- Always use data to determine needs and validate solutions
- Proficient in technology navigation and presentation tools (PowerPoint, Google apps)
- Able to look past what customers are asking for to see what they aspire to
- Take initiative and responsibility to learn and iterate in key areas of responsibility
- Hard on ideas while respectful of others. Ideas are always improved because of your engagement in the dialogue and design
- Outwardly considerate and appreciative of feedback, whether positive or negative, and engaging in dialogue at an appropriate time while receiving or after receiving feedback
- Words and actions indicate a strong belief in the team’s ability and obligation to deliver effort with impact
- Outwardly positive and optimistic, even in the face of daunting challenges (noting that positivity is not the lack of criticism of ideas)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education. Masters a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in K-12 classroom
- At least 3 years of experience delivering professional development sessions & knowledge of adult learning
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Previous experience training with technology products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with teachers and administrators
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to immediate or unforeseen challenges
- Ability to travel up to 60%. Peak months are July – November
- Fluency in Spanish and English
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description