Senior Content Strategist / UX Writer
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
The OfferUp design team is looking for a Senior Content Strategist / UX Writer to advance the content experience across the product and the practice at the company. You are someone with a talent for distilling complex ideas into just a few words and can pack big personality into short strings. You are passionate about providing the help and guidance our community of users need in the most accessible and consumable way.
You’ll partner closely with UX designers and other content creators across the UX, marketing and creative services teams to create a trusted, delightful environment where local buyers and sellers are set up for success.
What we’ll ask of you
- Write clear, compelling copy and drive content strategy across the user journey (including on-boarding and interaction flows, triggered emails, notifications and Help Center)
- Partner with Design, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Experience, and Engineering teams to drive clarity and consistency across our UX content in the app and beyond
- Help and motivate our buyers and sellers to engage in the core activities of our marketplace and adopt its key features
- Drive Customer Experience contact reduction by developing Help Center content with User Self-Service in mind
- Work closely with Marketing to carry the OfferUp brand voice through multiple channels, while driving feature-specific tone and style standards
- Use data and research to inform your work, continually testing and improving the UI to increase user understanding and engagement
- Develop and maintain UX editorial guidelines
Why you’ll excel:
- You clearly and effectively position ideas in writing and successfully refine the writing of others
- You have experience defining / applying the unique voice of a brand in technical contexts
- You study the needs and mindsets of your audience and communicate accordingly
- You are a strong leader who can confidently influence stakeholders and cross-disciplinary teams to meet a range of objectives
Desired skills & experience
- 5+ years of professional content strategy or copywriting experience with consumer brand products (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, library science, communications, marketing, or a related field
- A portfolio that showcases different content types (i.e. UI, help articles, email) that demonstrate strong user-centered content development methods and processes
- Experience driving content strategy deliverables, such as content audits, systems, and style guides that account for in-product experiences and customer support.
- A collaborative style and history of design+content partnerships that successfully produced engaging and helpful experiences
How to apply
Please attach two short writing samples (
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.