Senior Content Strategist
Do you dream of an ideal content system where the right content is delivered to the right person, at the right time, on the right device, in the right context? Then you’ve come to the right place. We live and breathe content and dream in systems and feedback loops.
We need a Content Strategist who can deliver solutions embedded in the user experience principles of relevancy, simplicity, and delight.
You’re perfect for this role if you’re a blend of information architect, storyteller, UX strategist, and content designer. You’re passionate about identifying user needs and enthusiastic about finding the right content and touchpoint to meet those needs. You love competitive analysis and live to bring together your insights from various places into a cohesive strategy. You are immersed in UX and UX process: you are not looking for an editorial content creation, social media strategy, or content marketing role.
Who you are:
You are a skilled communicator who is good with words and messaging, and you are also a strategist who can create, curate, edit, and align information. You’re also a systems-thinker who thinks about content organization and structure. You can lean on industry standards and trusted methodologies but you love to experiment and move quickly. You also have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of mobile first, adaptive and responsive content strategy approaches
- An understanding of the development and maintenance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Experience in writing and revising content, and sourcing and aggregating content
- Some concept skills and original thinking with an eye for innovation
- A professional and personal portfolio of useful and delightful content solutions in highly dynamic environments, including use of both structured and unstructured content solutions
We know there is no single path to becoming a great Content Strategist, so we're looking for:
- 5 or more years professional experience in content strategy
- Understanding of the development, sourcing and governance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Experience in writing and revising content for the user interface
- Experience working with designers and the design process
- Experience in localization workflows and the challenges of writing for a global audience
- Strong communication and facilitation skills that inspire both ideation and collaboration
- A degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Linguistics or Human Computer Interaction Design.
What you will do:
You will be a key contributor in delivering smart, relevant experiences as part of a small, global content team. You will:
- Dig into user research to identify content needs and gaps across multiple stages of the user journey
- Assess competitor content and user experiences for content coverage, quality, gaps, and emerging content trends
- Communicate your findings, recommendations, and content specifications through content matrices, user scenarios, presentation decks, comps, prototypes, and style guides
- Conceptualize usable, creative ways to integrate original and user-generated content to meet user needs
- Be familiar with structured content collection and back-end content strategy
- Define standards for content quality, relevance, user feedback, consistency, delightfulness and uniqueness and design solutions to meets those standards
- Drive and advocate for voice and tone standards from our established style guide
- Work collaboratively within a team made up of product managers, engineers and fellow UXers to conceptualize content-focused experiences
- Describe and present your methods, explorations, and rationale along with a recommendation to peers, team partners, business partners, and UX leadership
- Advocate for the content strategy practice within your immediate team and in the organization at large
- Review competitive and innovative products and content design approaches to understand best practices and innovation
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.