Senior Copy Editor, Custom Research & Publishing
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
*Please submit a cover letter with your resume. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
PitchBook is looking for a detail-oriented, positive and responsible team player with high initiative and superior communication skills to join our Publishing team. You will be responsible for editing and performing general quality assurance on PitchBook Editorial's analyst content (especially emerging technology research slide decks), industry reports and custom content.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and elegance of PitchBook content
- Coordinate with research analysts and custom research analysts to proof content
- Collaborate with advertising operations specialist to review sponsor-submitted content
- Generate ideas for improving and unifying writing styles
- Enforce publication standards per PitchBook's style guides
- Help curate content by using extant publishing tags and setup in publishing tools
- Collaborate with Publishing Manager to form and oversee editing processes
- Review landing page copy, promotional materials for content
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (advanced Excel experience a plus) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to manage overlapping deadlines
- Familiarity with business, financial markets and financial terminology
- Four-year college degree
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.