Gravity Payments is looking for an experienced and versatile copywriter to help us tell our story, inform and educate small business owners, and position our services and its benefits to both small business targets and prospective partners.
Our marketing team is a quickly-growing, resourceful, scrappy, and tightly knit team who pride ourselves on punching above our weight class, solving problems and seizing opportunities with unique creativity, and always pushing for more. But, we’re missing one important piece to our awesome team - a copywriter. Now we’re not looking for just any copywriter, rather one who embraces our team’s (and company’s) ideals, one with very relevant experience, and isn’t afraid to speak their mind, nor roll up their sleeves and figure out a solution.
Description of role and duties:
- Develop copy for all marketing activity including:
- Partner marketing campaigns
- Web landing pages
- Email campaigns
- Industry-targeted campaigns
- Blog posts (both our blog and contributed blog content)
- Website updates
- Develop informational content using external research and internal experts for small business owners (whitepapers, one-sheets, articles, eBooks, etc).
- Formatting copy for print, print layout, and presentation.
- Gain and maintain a current and deep understanding of Gravity’s products, services, and target audiences.
- Translate trends and data into compelling stories that strengthen brand credibility for different industry verticals.
- Create processes for communicating requirements for copy requests.
- Lead content strategy that aligns with overall marketing department goals and initiatives.
- Assist design team with developing creative elements.
Experience and skills needed:
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences, utilizing different tones and voices, and varying degrees of formality and technicality
- Adept at writing persuasive, benefit-driven, and action-oriented copy
- Can work with minimal direction; is a resourceful self-starter
- Writes with clear purpose and intention. Must be able to communicate the reasoning behind all content created and written
- Capable of providing and receiving direct feedback
- Experience and ability to work with multiple teams and communicate effectively between them; can work cross-functionally across multiple teams, including Sales, Partnerships, and Development
- 4+ years documented experience writing advertising a/o persuasive copy for B2B channel and/or Small Business audience
- Experience creating infographics and other supporting visuals to convey info and complement copy
- Experience with Pardot, Mailchimp, or other email automation platform
- Experience with InDesign. Working familiarity with other Adobe creative programs (PS, AI, etc)
- Experience writing copy for financial service industry a plus
**Please send a link of your writing portfolio, and/or email relevant work samples to [email protected] with “Senior Copywriter Work Samples” in the subject line.
Gravity Payments is a local payment processor that provides support for small to mid-sized businesses by providing the lowest rates on their credit card processing and the highest level of customer service that is unmatched by competitors. We have helped businesses in the Northwest and throughout the country save thousands on their credit card processing and enjoy the added value of our high-touch customer service.