Senior Digital Writer at ServiceNow
Job Title: Senior Digital Writer
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA/Remote, CA/Remote, NY
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. We deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means always challenging yourself to be better.
Part of the global marketing organization, the Digital Design team supports servicenow.com and other customer-facing websites. Our websites represent our brand, the products we sell, and who we are as a company. We are a team of designers, strategists, writers, and researchers. We work closely with marketing, brand, and product teams to produce digital experiences that are human, connected, and relevant. This is an especially exciting moment in ServiceNow’s history. Our business is thriving, our customer base growing, and our company priorities depend on us delivering a world-class web experience.
We are looking for a Senior Digital Writer to create engaging, impactful content for servicenow.com. You should excel at simplifying complex topics and delivering concise, compelling marketing copy for the digital space. You should be collaborative in nature and a go-getter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-moving, multitasking environment.
What you'll do:
- Plan, write, edit, and manage a diverse portfolio of content across servicenow.com, including both short-form and long-form content.
- Contribute creative ideas for new types of content and editorial opportunities based on a thorough understanding of our audience.
- Uphold editorial standards and best practices. Contribute to continual improvements in copy quality and the content development process.
- Understand our brand narrative and how to match messaging to the right audience (customers, prospects, partners, developers) and the right moment in the user journey.
- Advocate for the customer and the user. Work with the UX team to balance business goals with visitor goals and to write in the language of our audience.
- Manage your end-to-end content development process, sometimes under tight deadlines and rapidly changing parameters.
- Work effectively with your manager, stakeholders, and project leads to discover requirements, source information, meet deadlines, and secure approvals.
- Collaborate with writers, product marketing teams, and agencies to drive consistent quality, voice, and style for copy across all digital and brand touchpoints.
- Partner with content strategists to develop strategies and messaging for our digital personas, page templates, and components.
- Partner with the research team to validate specific messaging and copywriting strategy with real users.
- Engage with the SEO, analytics, and campaign teams to optimize copy.
- Write in U.S. English for global audiences, considering localization and translation needs up front to limit the need for costly rewriting later.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience writing for corporate websites, ideally marketing for B2B technology companies.
- Solid understanding of website design, content SEO, digital marketing, global technology companies, IT sector, and SaaS-based software.
- Strong project management, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Digital-first style and a user-centric, strategy-based approach to writing.
- Ability to bring the essential narrative into focus, cutting through jargon and fluff.
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative, hands-on role with a seasoned team of passionate writers, designers, marketers, and strategists.
- Motivated, self-sufficient, results-driven approach to work.
- Proven ability to follow standards for consistency and brand compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant and inspired work.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.