Senior Editor and Writer, Chief Innovation Office at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Position reports to: Innovation Content Program Lead
The successful candidate is a high-energy, self-starter with an established, documented competence in the communications space. You like to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and matrix organization. You think strategically, act tactically, and possess a strong ability to conceptualize, develop, drive, coordinate and manage a wide range of communications.
The successful candidate will have a passion for technology and how it impacts people’s lives. You will be experienced in giving voice to executive leaders in technology and be able to produce a narrative to elevate any communications into the realm of storytelling.
What you get to do in this role:
- Scale the voice of our Chief Innovation Officer to external and internal audiences.
- Work with Executive Communications to co-create the bi-annual Editorial Playbook and Messaging for the Chief Innovation Officer.
- Collaborate with Executive Communications and other stakeholders to develop and maintain a monthly editorial calendar for the Chief Innovation Officer.
- Work with Executive Communications, PR, Events, and Corporate Communications teams to write and produce the editorial content, including media/PR stories, keynotes, long form articles, and short form social media content.
- Stay up to date on industry themes, and research new and key topics to feed into the Editorial Calendar.
- Interact directly with the Chief Innovation Officer and C-suite facing teams to capture and write their stories in an authentic style for articles, blogs, podcasts, presentations, videos, and multimedia productions.
- Work closely with a graphic resource on scripting and storytelling for productions.
- Track, analyze and report key metrics for the voice of the Chief Innovation Officer, priority topics, and messaging in an effort of achieving CINO corporate goals.
- Manage creation, publication, and maintenance of Chief Innovation Office internal communication assets.
- Other duties, as assigned.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who:
- Has at least 5 years of experience working with and giving voice to executive leaders in the IT industry.
- Has strong communications skills (both verbal/written) and extensive writing and editing experience; ability to create in a wide variety of presentation and communication formats.
- Exceptional storytelling skills and demonstrated ability to clearly and compellingly communicate complex ideas in the IT technology space.
- Experience and credibility as a communicator in a fast-paced environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix of roles and disciplines, and build relationships inside and outside of the company are strong plusses.
- An innovative thinker who has an understanding of how to integrate thought leadership content across digital and in-person platforms, partnering with domain experts across the company.
- Desire to master the latest platforms, experiment with new storytelling and content-creation tools, and apply social media techniques to boost engagement.
- Experience collaborating with designers and visual storytellers in a productive manner to complement the written word.
- Fact checking and detailed proof-reading on various communications, including participating in peer reviews, and ensuring editorial standards are met.
- Versed in project management principles to drive clarity on priorities, timelines, organizational alignment, measurement, and accountability.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.