Senior Editor at RealSelf
About the Role:
RealSelf is looking for a Senior Editor to play a pivotal role in creating a world-class on-site content experience. Now is a perfect time to join our team, because we’re in the early stages of completely revamping our existing content, launching new editorial and creating innovative new consumer resources.
Content is especially important at RealSelf, because our members depend on us to help them make smart, confident decisions about cosmetic procedures. The stakes are high. We strive to nurture deep relationships with our users, providing inspiration, information, and support over long timeframes. This role gives you an opportunity to make a big difference in the company and help millions of people make smart, confident decisions about improving their body, face, and smile.
The Senior Editor must be passionate about modern beauty and ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment.
This role is 50% editing and 50% writing. Flexibility and agility to prioritize and move between various writing and editing projects is crucial for success.
- Create content for multiple pages every week, from treatment guides to editorial features.
- Edit peer and freelance writing for substance, style and brand voice.
- Continuously learn about our consumers’ needs and collaboratively develop new content experiences and big ideas that meet them. Work closely with Head of Content to shape overall editorial strategy and direction.
- Stay abreast of SEO best practices and implement them in your writing and content strategy to drive organic traffic growth without compromising the user experience.
- Partner with SEO, social, email, creative, marketing and other teams to amplify content.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Extraordinary writing and editing ability, with the talent to translate complex medical info into modern, mobile-friendly copy
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and consistently hit deadlines
- Proactive, solutions-oriented approach
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 6+ years of B2C writing experience in the aesthetics, beauty, health or wellness space
- A digital portfolio demonstrating your consumer writing expertise, including the ability to deliver on a consumer-focused brand voice and style
- Beauty writing experience a must; aesthetics experience a plus
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
RealSelf is a values and performance-driven team that shares a common purpose of achieving our mission of empowering people to make smart, confident self-improvement decisions. We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. Our office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their (well-behaved) dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.