Senior Financial Writer
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about private equity, venture capital and the capital markets?
PitchBook is looking for an experienced, curious and ambitious financial writer to join our growing news team. You will collaborate with a full-time team of writers and editors to produce compelling articles that cover breaking news, provide original insights, profile fascinating people and companies, and leverage our best-in-class datasets to engage our audience. Your work will be featured on PitchBook's website and within a daily newsletter with more than 600,000 subscribers.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 5+ years of professional writing experience
- Is well-versed in private equity, venture capital and broader finance
- Can successfully produce various types of content across a variety of platforms
- Is capable of leveraging thorough research and datasets to support content
- Is willing to express strong opinions in their work
- Is a skilled storyteller
- Has an extensive network of relevant sources
- Is able to conduct meaningful interviews
- Consistently delivers on tight deadlines
- Is social media savvy, with the ability to effectively engage in conversations through social platforms
- Has an eye for design and values collaboration with graphic designers
- Works well independently and in team settings
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.