Senior Staff Writer, Technology
At Pitchbook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
*Please submit a cover letter with your resume. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Are you passionate about technology, startups and venture capital?
PitchBook is looking for an experienced, curious and voracious writer to join our growing news team. You will collaborate with a full-time team of writers and editors to produce compelling articles that cover breaking news developments, provide original insights on relevant markets, profile fascinating people and companies, and leverage our best-in-class datasets to engage our audience. Your work will be featured on PitchBook's website and within a daily newsletter with more than 650,000 subscribers.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Write multiple articles per week for PitchBook News & Analysis that either cover breaking news, analyze market trends, profile key figures in the industry, offer original commentary or highlight PitchBook datasets
- Brainstorm ideas and collaborate with our team to cover key developments in the tech and VC industries
- Contribute to the development of short-term and long-term tech content strategy
- Build network of contacts within the industry to aid in the ideation and production of articles
- Attend events locally, regionally and globally and produce live coverage
- Share content on and engage with industry leaders via social media
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional writing experience
- Well-versed in technology, startups, finance and venture capital
- Can successfully produce various types of content across a variety of platforms
- Able to leverage thorough research to express strong opinions
- A skilled storyteller
- An extensive network of relevant sources
- Able to conduct meaningful interviews
- Consistently delivers on tight deadlines
- Social media savvy, with the ability to effectively engage in conversations through social platforms
- An eye for design and values collaboration with graphic designers
- Works well independently and in team settings
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.