Social & Ad Copy Writer
Yesler is looking for a talented writer to join our Social team, crafting social and ad copy. Years of experience aren't as important as writing skill, instinct, and the following qualities:
A positive "can-do" attitude when faced with ambiguous or challenging situations; perseverance, flexibility, and creative problem-solving skills; and the ability to work independently - while managing time and productivity - in a dynamic environment.
Instructions for application:
- Submit a cover letter that describes how your education and experience fulfills the job requirements and tell us why you are excited to leverage your writing skills and experience on social media.
- Provide a link to your online portfolio or online samples, or attach three writing samples, that show a variety of content types/styles.
- Include your resume.
- You will provide on-demand social or ad copywriting for our client's digital marketing campaigns
- You will write in a clear, fluid, and engaging style
- Ideate and write social posts and response
- Copy-edit all submitted copy for style & grammar prior to external publication in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, Snapchat, Tumblr, and other social media platforms for paid, earned, and owned channels
- Utilize social and ad copy best practices to deliver an impactful & effective copy
- Help build and manage editorial calendars
- Ensure all final copy adheres to client's internal style & branding guidelines
- Cultivate an understanding of client technologies, messaging, branding, and positioning for the social voice
- Provide editorial direction on messaging & audience, based on business and marketing objectives as defined by client & meet all SLAs requirements
- Confidently interview customers, clients, subject matter experts, and others to gather information if required
- You will develop questionnaires and interview scripts if needed
- Research new and emerging topics using various resources
- Confidently present ideas and content to partners
- Maintain a consistent level of quality across projects and schedules
- Work with a large team of content managers, writers, editors, designers, social strategists, and paid media strategists
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A degree in English (composition or literature), Communications, or Marketing preferred
- 2-3 years' experience in an agency, newsroom, or similar setting
- Stellar written communication: to write in a range of styles – from informal (social media) to more traditional (marketing content); knowledge of social media and marketing concepts a requirement
- Exceptional verbal communication: solid interviewing skills and strong customer-service orientation
- Well-developed interpersonal skills: kindness, open-mindedness, active listening and effective negotiation skills, receptive to feedback, ability to handle constructive criticism without taking it personally, awareness of other opinions, ability to state opinions in a clear, respectful, and helpful manner.
- Strong customer focus: ability to set achievable customer expectations, ensure commitments to customers are met, and take on a consultative role (when appropriate) with internal and external customers.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite basics (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) or equivalent classes before starting.
- Solid independent research abilities (especially regarding emerging technologies)
Yesler is a B2B marketing agency that blends strategy, creativity, and technology to build demand, engage customers, and grow revenue. From offices in Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia, and Toronto, we're a team of more than 200 strategists, designers, technologists, media experts, and analysts who are on a mission to change the marketing status quo. We take an integrated approach to serving the entire marketing organization-not only the strategies, content, and programs to create demand but also the infrastructure, operations, and project management required to execute, measure, and optimize for results.
Yesler has been recognized as a great place to work, and the awards keep rolling in. We've earned more than 19 Best Workplace Awards over the last decade, placement on the Inc. Magazine list of America's Fastest Growing Companies for five years in a row, and we were named one of the Top 50 B2B Marketing Agencies by Chief Marketer in 2016 and 2017.
Our mission is to positively impact the people we work with, the people we work for, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their dynamic perspectives and experiences, so we can ultimately be better together.
Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, and internships are not based on a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
Visit yesler.com to learn more, or follow us on Twitter @yeslerb2b