Technical Curriculum Developer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
- Determine how best to educate the ServiceNow ecosystem in the use of the Now® Platform in a way that aligns with the product roadmap, customer needs, and compliance with best practices.
- Conduct interviews/learning needs assessments to identify knowledge and skills gaps, and relevant training requirements.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop course specifications, gather course content, and develop materials.
- Execute on end-to-end planning, design, and development of engaging learning activities and compelling technical course content across multiple products and at a variety of expertise levels and roles that enhances retention and transfer of learning for delivery via instructor-led, virtual, eLearning, job aids and recorded formats.
- Incorporate technology and adult learning theory to increase offerings of training solutions (audio, video, interactions, simulations, role plays, games, etc).
- Review feedback and refine course materials based on feedback to support instructor and learner needs.
- Develop and manage delta updates to courseware and marketing documentation to ensure up-to-date knowledge throughout each release of the Now platform.
- Host train-the-trainer sessions for our delivery team.
- Contribute to certification exam materials, including scenarios, multiple-choice, and other item formats for use in testing Now platform knowledge.
- Manage instructional design projects from inception to completion, providing leadership, project coordination, and cross-functional collaboration with work teams throughout ServiceNow.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 2-5 years hands-on experience with the Now Platform.
- 2-5 years technical training/eLearning/Instructional Design experience for Information Technology (IT) or Software Development topics.
- Experience in Agile or rapid development and quick turnaround of training deliverables.
- Constructs quality content for technical training based on industry design standards, processes, and incorporating user and stakeholder feedback.
- Produces artifacts throughout the design process for each course or certification assessment project (Examples include - scoping training request documentation, storyboards, project plans, sprints, scripts, eBooks, course outlines, data sheets and marketing copy.)
- Develops and uses graphics, templates, and icons throughout instructional design work.
- Incorporated measurements and assessments into learning programs.
- Utilized effective project management techniques to organize training projects and to ensure quality.
- Communicates to stakeholders and team members with articulate and detailed presentations and ability to effectively lead productive meetings.
- Strong working knowledge of eLearning technologies, such as authoring tools (Articulate 360, Captivate) and design/development tools (e.g., SnagIt, Camtasia, ScreenFlow).
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- A high level of flexibility, creativity, and dependability.
- Operates with a high performance, Growth-Mindset attitude that results in flexibility, creativity, and wiliness to work independently by displaying dependability and accountability of meeting deadlines and contributing to problem solving.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.