Technical Editor (Duel Masters) at Wizards of the Coast (Seattle, WA)
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a skilled editor with a proven understanding of game design who can streamline and improve card text?
We are seeking an Technical Editor to work on Duel Masters for templating and editing of cards. In this role, you'll make meaningful contributions to Duel Masters products. If you thrive in fast-paced environments, are a versatile and insightful collaborator, and understand what makes TCG products work, this role is for you. We’re looking for passion and integrity in equal measure!
What You’ll Do:
- Edit TCG card text for quality and clarity while ensuring timely delivery.
- Provide editorial feedback to members of the Duel Masters design team.
- Partner with principal creatives to draft and maintain style guides and templates.
- Assist in improving production workflow and processes.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years editing technical manuals or text-heavy games for known publishers.
- Experience working with writers, graphic designers, and other production personnel.
- Strong familiarity with Duel Masters, Kaijudo, or other TCGs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and experience writing and delivering editorial feedback.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.