Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. The Limeade ONE platform offers employee well-being, engagement, inclusion and communications solutions in one seamless user experience. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com.
About the role:
Limeade is looking for a highly organized and passionate technical writer who can bring order to chaos. The ideal candidate will have experience creating a system from the ground up that developers can use to find API documentation, code samples, and SDKs. Once such a system is online, you would be responsible for organizing and consolidating existing documentation as well as creating new content as needed. This is a unique opportunity to act as our first Technical Writer and help us shape the function as a whole.
On a typical day, you would be creating new content, keeping existing content up to date, and working with both technical and non-technical teams to make sure they have access to the information they need to be successful.
- Owning the process to create and organize technical documentation, tutorials, SDKs, and code samples
- Working with developers to create and update technical documentation
- Building an external developer community used by our partners and customers
- Act as the technical contact for sales proposal team
- Managing libraries of technical content
- Additional projects relating to technical writing as needed
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way – with a specific focus on “Speak Plainly” and “We’re a Team” to emphasize collaboration and communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience in technical writing
- Strong passion for organizing and cataloging technical content
- Familiar with web-based APIs and SaaS
- Knowledge of tools and software products related to organizing technical content online
- A presence on Stack Overflow or GitHub is a strong plus
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.