Technical Writer at Expedia Group
Do you love reading and writing? Do you like details and organization? Are you skillful with consuming large and tangled documents, identifying the key information, and producing copy that’s concise and orderly? If you answered yes, then keep reading – this role might be for you.
Expedia is currently seeking a skilled Technical Writer (TW) to join the Knowledge Management division of the Lodging Partner Services (LPS) team. You will support the business by building and maintaining instructional content within a vast knowledge base/e-library. You will adhere to tight deadlines and team-wide standards for quality and style to curate concise and articulate content. You will support our customer service and sales teams with knowledge base content that allows readers to quickly locate and consume information. You will produce and optimize content for a global audience and partner with product/process managers and business partners to translate complex tools, policies, and processes into simple content solutions for the LPS organization.Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years of experience producing step-by-step instructional documentation
- You love reading, writing, and editing to transform complex materials into concise and articulate content solutions
- You can effectively run multiple projects simultaneously
- You are comfortable working autonomously as part of a remote, globally diverse team
- You thrive in a dynamic work environment that supports rapid change
- You successfully demonstrate a drive for results and excellent time management skills
- You possess high attention to detail and acute organization
- You demonstrate proficient reading comprehension
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You love research and deliver presentations in a compelling way
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and exercising editorial discernment
- You can successfully navigate business relationships when faced with conflicting opinions
- You have experience in the customer service industry
- You have experience working in a global organization
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- You will work as part of a globally diverse team that spans across multiple office locations
- You will craft, maintain, and optimize a high volume of knowledge base articles against tight deadlines and simultaneously own multiple content projects of medium complexity
- You will routinely adhere to detailed, complex editorial processes
- You will communicate with business partners regarding the progress of content solutions
- You will provide pushback and mentoring when content requests do not follow guidelines
- You will manage communication between the business (leads change) and readership (knowledge base audience) to ensure policy and process changes are delivered on-time and in a clear, concise manner
- You will promote awareness and education about knowledge base features and standard methodologies with our readership and share updates with the business on Knowledge Management initiatives
- You will provide ongoing qualitative and quantitative measurements of content scope, effectiveness, and usage, and regularly optimize content discoverability based on these metrics
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Diversity statement
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
LI-FS1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.