Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a member of our Technical Writing team, you will work closely with Product Managers and the Engineering team to understand the roadmap and then determine how best to promote customer understanding of our innovative products and services. To succeed, you'll need to write swiftly, cleanly, and confidently while remaining open and responsive to feedback. You will assess the needs of your audience, devise lean and efficient content strategies, and enable customer success through detailed conceptual and procedural information.
- Write and update end-user, administrator, and developer documentation for Axon products.
- Write clear, crisp, and complete release notes for regular Axon product updates.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as product management, product design, engineering, customer support, training, marketing, account management, and sales.
- Perform content analysis and develop documentation plans for new features and products.
- Evangelize within the organization best practices for technical communications.
- Partner with the training team, to promote content reuse and efficient content and learning plans.
- 1-3 years experience in a technical writer role.
- Demonstrated ability to write for diverse audiences, including non-technical end users, IT experts, and business decision makers.
- Experience in producing user documentation including installation guides, configuration guides, and online help documentation.
- Familiarity with documenting web, desktop, and mobile software products.
- Strong working knowledge and application of style guides and industry practices.
- Experience with agile software development projects.
- 3-5 years experience in a technical writer role.
- Knowledge of cloud computing, networking, and computing hardware.
- Experience with developer documentation and API guides.
- Experience with law enforcement agencies, criminal justice, or other public safety organizations.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description