We are currently hiring for an Underwriting Associate to join our team! In this role, you will evaluate fast-growing tech companies in need of growth and/or working capital, to see if they are the right fit for investment by Lighter Capital. Working closely with the Investment team, you will help to move each prospective company through Lighter Capital’s underwriting and credit evaluation process. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who loves talking with entrepreneurs, learning about emerging technologies, and evaluating business models using tech-enabled underwriting tools.
If you are interested in gaining valuable experience in the FinTech industry and have a passion for startups and entrepreneurs, then Lighter Capital might be the right opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Financial analysis and review of prospective and existing customers
- Review all relevant diligence materials, including pitch decks, customer contracts and references, and company product and service offerings
- Conduct Diligence Calls with the prospective borrowers
- Evaluate key strengths, risks, and mitigating factors
- Prepare and present financial studies on potential borrower’s historical performance and future expectations for our Credit team
- Develop pricing packages and present forward looking projections to the Credit team
- Perform tasks necessary to close the transaction, including the preparation of key legal documents
- Help with post-funding monitoring and management of portfolio companies, including supporting the Portfolio Manager with reviewing underperforming companies
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years’ experience working in a credit analysis & underwriting role, preferably in a customer facing environment
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business, finance, accounting, or economics preferred
- Proficient in basic accounting, with experience evaluating businesses based on their financial performance
- Excellent analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to synthesize and organize data and information
- Highly skilled in Excel
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to performing quality work
We are Lighter Capital, a Seattle based FinTech company with a clear mission to revolutionize startup financing by empowering entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and retain ownership.
We are a passionate group of individuals where our purpose and values guide our decision making. We believe in individual and team development, and align, push and measure ourselves through goal setting. Join our team and feel part of something incredible!
Just like each customer is unique, so is each person, and Lighter Capital is committed to creating an environment where everyone can belong and thrive. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.
Read Full Job Description