Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
The Actuarial Department at Trupanion is recruiting an actuarial professional with the ability to work well in a dynamic and complex regulatory environment. The position requires resourceful and creative actuarial capabilities, excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to deliver high quality and timely work products to both internal and external customers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage, lead and develop the Actuarial Pricing team
- Create and implement new pricing strategies
- Work directly with state regulators to manage, build rate and rule filings with timely completion
- Foster effective working relationships with key internal business partners across the organization
- Information expert with the ability to understand and translate data into meaningful communications
Qualifications (A cover letter is required with your application)
Education, Registration & Certification / Experience:
- Three or more years of relevant work and managerial experience
- Pricing/Rate filing (required)
- Reserving (preferred)
- Achievement of ACAS (preferred) or ASA
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to plan, manage and execute projects
- Experience submitting and managing rate filings and/or regulatory review process
- Ability to develop and apply actuarial models to diverse situations
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and resilience
- Ability to work with and lead actuaries from a variety of backgrounds, both P&C and/or Health
- Expertise in Excel and experience in SQL required
- Highly driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.