At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
As a PitchBook Emerging Technology Analyst, you'll join a growing research team focused on creating best-in-class venture capital and emerging technology research utilized by PitchBook's global clientele of private capital investors, investment banks and other service providers. Our team is creative, driven and focused on providing actionable, differentiated industry research to our readers and clients. Specifically, we are looking for a mid-level analyst to help expand our coverage of emerging trends and opportunities related to climate and energy technologies.
PitchBook Institutional Research Group is a provider of research services to corporate clients, private market investors, advisors and other market participants. The group provides investment strategy, fund performance, and industry research through a differentiated, framework-driven approach that blends traditional fundamental investment research with PitchBook's proprietary private market data platform. In addition, the group provides custom research and data analysis support to subscribing clients.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct ongoing research and analysis of a primary industry, with a focus on trends emerging across the venture capital landscape
- Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations and forecasts related to your primary coverage area, while identifying unique themes that may impact how venture and emerging technology markets evolve
- Develop industry market maps used by clients to identify key players in emerging technology ecosystems
- Identify relevant factors and risks that will drive market adoption and growth of emerging technologies
- Utilize proprietary PitchBook data and a variety of other resources including third-party research and industry contacts to inform and develop actionable analysis
- Write and edit research reports in accordance with research pipelines and publishing calendars
- Manage direct-to-client distribution channels for published notes and reports
- Contribute to internal product development efforts to further enhance how research is distributed within PitchBook's proprietary research platform
- Work closely with data analysis team to identify unique data points to support research, while also identifying insightful tables and graphs that can clearly illustrate that information
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues and the general public regarding published research
- Support and mentor junior and associate analysts through their development
- Serve as research point of contact for various speaking engagements and press requests
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Computer Science Preferred. Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), IRRs, asset allocations, fund benchmarks, KPIs etc.
- 3+ years research experience, either in equity research, investment banking, Venture Capital or other related financial services role Related technology media experience will also be considered
- Strong interest in venture capital, growth equity and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of or passion for emerging trends in climate and energy technologies preferred
- Critical thinker
- Detail oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong writing ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excel proficiency
- Experience in SQL and PitchBook Platform a plus
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.