Analytics Leadership Development at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product (Passbook). We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
This is an exciting opportunity to begin your career in analytics with a fast-growing startup! As an analyst in Remitly's analytics leadership development program, you will participate in a structured rotational process designed to introduce you to many teams within our company, such as product, marketing, and operations. You will use your problem-solving and technical skills to answer difficult questions while receiving mentoring and career coaching from a community of fellow analysts and analytics leaders. You will produce metrics, write recommendations, and support management with analyses. The quantitative insights you bring will have an out-sized impact on the business. This role is based in Seattle, Washington, USA. You will report to a senior manager or director of analytics.
What You'll Do
- You will use data to uncover insights with the immediate goal of driving impactful product and process improvements and the ultimate goal of benefitting our customers.
- You will build, maintain, and improve dashboards of key performance indicators, then perform analysis to identify the root cause of significant changes.
- You will research emergent issues and model the impact of future initiatives.
- You ask "Why?" and question the status quo. You view unexpected data results as a puzzle to be solved, a challenge that you enthusiastically accept.
- You can explain the methods behind your analyses and validate your results. Once you have data to support your ideas, you're willing to advocate for and move your recommendations forward.
Who You Are
- You are strongly aligned with our mission and values.
- One or more of the following:
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher in a technical, business, or quantitative field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Finance, or Statistics).
- You have completed a rigorous analytical boot camp program.
- You hold an independent certification in analytics or data science (such as Open Certified Data Scientist).
- You have another combination of education and experience which is equivalent to the above.
- You have proven problem solving and analytical skills with a data-driven mindset.
- You have experience with at least one programming, scripting, or query language (such as Python, R, or SQL), or you have extensive experience with a statistical analysis software package (such as SAS, SPSS, or MiniTab).
- You have knowledge of core statistical concepts.
- You have experience with data manipulation tools like Excel.
- You are able to work well on a team.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Who We Are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer.